Replacing pictures lost from Photobucket

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
brackish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Replacing pictures lost from Photobucket

Post by brackish »

I posted a number of pictures in the finished and launched section of this forum. My pictures were hosted on Photobucket and when they abruptly did away with their free photo hosting, those picture disappeared. Is there a way to add them back from another source. Does this forum have the space to accept direct from my pictures and host here or do I have to go third party hosting such as Google photos?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replacing pictures lost from Photobucket

Post by Jeff »

brackish, I will ask Jamie to respond back to you tomorrow morning. Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Brackish,

We do have our own photo hosting, both via the "Add-on" Gallery function of the forum itself, and a separate gallery installation that is tied to your forum username at http://gallery.bateau2.com

Please feel free to use either of those for your images for this forum.

Unfortunately there is no way that we can retrieve your images that were hosted on third party websites. If you still have your photobucket account, you should be able to retrieve the images by logging in and going into your albums.

brackish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by brackish »

Thank you for the information. I still have all my photos, they were just on Photobucket to use as third party hosting. Is there an edit function whereby I can go to my old post, remove the photobucket broken links, and replace with good links from another source. Or do I have to do a new post to have the photos in the launched section?

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

I moved the pictures I wanted to show to my gallery here and then inserted them where needed in my old threads. I am sure there is a better way but this worked for me. Took a lot of time :cry: