Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Fuzz »

There is a light but is it a train :help:

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Take care of that knee guy. I didn't do anything except smoke a turkey over the weekend. Then watched my OSU Buckeyes smash the #4 Michigan team 62-39 most points ever scored against Michigan. :lol: :lol:

Take care guy. It is supposed to be down to 16 tomorrow night here.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Capt UB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:21 pm Does look nice. How are you feeling? Getting it done, seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?
I'm ok Bob, I just hated having to stop. I'm running a machine this week.
As far as light at the end....This nails it! :lol: :
Fuzz wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:25 pm There is a light but is it a train :help:
TomW1 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 am Take care of that knee guy. I didn't do anything except smoke a turkey over the weekend. Then watched my OSU Buckeyes smash the #4 Michigan team 62-39 most points ever scored against Michigan. :lol: :lol:

Take care guy. It is supposed to be down to 16 tomorrow night here.

Tom
We're 20 this morning with a high of 43. That was an amazing upset! It should change things for Clemson too.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

You've got to be fairly excited though, since you're not too far off from being able to put some planks across for a level surface.
Are you using knee pads and a thick foam pad to kneel on? Between the two of those items that's helps my knee some. Well that and ibuprofen :D
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

piperdown wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 am You've got to be fairly excited though, since you're not too far off from being able to put some planks across for a level surface.
Are you using knee pads and a thick foam pad to kneel on? Between the two of those items that's helps my knee some. Well that and ibuprofen :D
I am somewhat excited. I think I'll be be more so once the cleat work is done.
To answer your question, I'm only using the black pads. Both are a pain as the knee pad
wants to grab the Gym mats while I move around. Ibuprofen and aleve both help.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Eric1 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:09 am
piperdown wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 am You've got to be fairly excited though, since you're not too far off from being able to put some planks across for a level surface.
I am somewhat excited. I think I'll be be more so once the cleat work is done.
To answer your question, I'm only using the black pads. Both are a pain as the knee pad
wants to grab the Gym mats while I move around. Ibuprofen and aleve both help.
Makes sense. I use both but only when working on the floor not for boat building. Since it usually involves tiling or something of that nature I don't have to move around all that much.
Funny that Aleve just doesn't do a whole lot for me.
Keep at it, boat's looking great!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Ibuprofen and Aleve both help me too! Better than morphine for me.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Christer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Christer »

Aren't the stringers and frames all filleted in? Wouldn't they be strong enough to lay a ply sheet over to sit on while working on the exposed ones, then shift the ply sheet to the finished section and then do the rest after?
8ft dinghy built in 1992, BBV sufferer ever since.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Eric did you see the way AA did the cleats on Bare Bones? It will save you a ton of time and work. And the work it saves is on your knees work :wink: I did it that way on my dory and will do it that way on anything else I build.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:21 pm Eric did you see the way AA did the cleats on Bare Bones? It will save you a ton of time and work. And the work it saves is on your knees work :wink: I did it that way on my dory and will do it that way on anything else I build.
I would if I could Fuzz. I created a problem as I glued in my stringers.The two that are outboard of the keel are not level with the two inside ones. From best I can tell my hull fixture gave way as I was working putting them in. My plan is to set cleats on the inboard stringers first, then use a level to set the cleats on the outboard stringers to the inboard. This would be difficult to do as the out board stringers would require a variable dado cut.
I'll have to use the standard method to do this. Sure wish I had caught it before but it's to late.