Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane

Post by Jeff »

Peter, Happy Birthday!! Hope that ride is doing well for you!! Jeff

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Okay, you have had your fun. Now what's going on with the real ride? Ever decide on the engine? Do anything else to it?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Christer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Christer »

We need an update to the Death Trap build, peter. Chop chop! :)
8ft dinghy built in 1992, BBV sufferer ever since.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Yes Peter now that the new Years celebrations are over and you made a lot of money with your carussel we need to see the splash of your racer this year. How about it ?
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Craig, Christer and Karl, it's not at all clear to me that Peter has had lot's of fun recently, or made a pile of money.

In fact my hunch is that he's working his arse off trying to get the ride venture off the ground, against all types of local bureaucratic and financial hurdles.

But regardless, no builder on this forum owes any of us a next build report. If and when they are ready to report, that's great, and the rest of us are enriched. If not, so be it.

I realise that your comments were made in jest, but given that there has been no response ......

Here endeth the sermon. :wink:
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Yes, the hydroplane is on the back burner while Peter focused on a new adventure: setting up a carnival ride on the beach in Curacao. He did a fantastic job and as GB says, encountered some bureaucratic problems but it should be all clear very soon.

Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Further to JM's update, google Beach Party Curacao to see what Peter is up against as he seeks all approvals.

Do you think he's doing it easy?
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Hi guys

First of thank you all for the birthday wishes I really appreciate it, second I,m truly sorry for not replying in a decent time and this very very late reply :oops: :oops: It's true I was very busy finishing the ride and taking all the hurdles to get it open in a legal way this was a lot harder as what our government told me before i started this adventure.I was ready and build up before Christmas unfortunately I missed all those good days because of the indecision of different government organizations :x 2 weeks ago the moment was there that 1 of the many organizations give me heads up and told me I could official open with the papers and permits I have, so I decided not to wait on the others and opened up the ride in a commercial way, so far so good knock on wood. 8) The down side, it is low season now so not a real good time to open up and get an idea if I made a good choice starting this venture, but we will see what the future brings us, I still have my other work, so thankfully I won't have to worry to much.

As for the Flyer I first wanna take a vacation in the near future, after that I will pick up on the Flyer again, that is if there's any money left :lol: if not it will take a bit longer, but I will assure you guys that if there is any progress you guys will be the first I will show it too, maybe I will start with the smaller jobs on it what will take less money we will see, again you guys are the first to hear it 8)

For those interested in the ride and the re-theming of it you can see it on the Facebook page below and for those without Facebook I will post a webpage and YouTube link - Likes, Shares and Subscriptions are greatly appreciated :wink: 8)

Feels good to be back and having a small moment to post here 8)

https://www.facebook.com/Beach-Party-Th ... 036970915/
https://www.beachpartytheride.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRMWDu ... wSVUOYU-JQ

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Hey! He’s back!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Son of a bitch, you’re back. :D
Missed you brother.
About time for a Duval Street crawl. :lol:
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146