Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by sharkbait2576 »

Thanks

sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sharkbait2576 »

I see it. Thanks again

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

I'm still learning as well. We will get through the builds together. If I were you, I would start a build thread and document along the way. The thread has provided me a wealth of information.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

FluidDynamic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 pm I'm still learning as well. We will get through the builds together. If I were you, I would start a build thread and document along the way. The thread has provided me a wealth of information.
I like reading everyone's thread on their builds to help me learn as they go so when I get to that part in my build I have a better idea as to what is going on. Everyone has their way of doing things and it is great to have all those options! Like you said FluidDynamic, we get through the builds together.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Are there anymore pics of this Panga 20 in the forum? I've looked and can't find any?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190408-223258.png
Last edited by FluidDynamic on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

FluidDynamic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm The transom angle also comes from the part on the plans labeled MW side. You don't need the angle since all of the dimensions were given. Just cut out those two parts and you will see the angle. As long as you line the side up without the angle, with a vertical level, the angle will be where it needs to be.
If anyone is the kind that likes to know the angle but your trig is dodgy it's arctan(horizontal/vertical). The plan drawings are also to scale. You can get a fairly accurate idea of angles from the drawings, but not enough to cut parts. No need anyway.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FluidDynamic, I don't think there are additional photos of that boat, at least nothing I could find!! Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The transom is always given on my designs but not as an angle. I show it with the dimensions for the motorwell sides or stringer ends. Usually, it is the motorwell sides that set the angle. This is much more accurate than to give an angle.
Almost all my transom are at 13 degrees but use the dimensions, please. You must anyway cut that motorwell side. Do it and you will have the angle.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Do you know what the builders name was or was there ever a build thread? I swear I saw some other photos of the boat, but I can't find them now either. It looks like his center console is pushed further back than the plans show. I would also like this as well. Just trying to plan ahead.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I don't, that was a old build and I just can't find anything else!! Jeff