Bob's FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Coach
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Bob's FS18

Post by Coach »

She looks great!

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

It was a big weekend. Got down to Ft. Pierce on Friday to pick up the custom Float On trailer that I ordered through Boat Builder Central (thanks again Reid and Jeff!).

Saturday was flip day! Hull was ready with its fifth coat of primer to be turned over. While the boat was off, my plan was re-build the strong back and all of the new parts were ready to go.

Rolled out and set her down. I mowed the yard for the occasion!

It took about an hour to improve the strong back with shorter, more well-braced legs and carpeted bunks.

Flipped over and back on top. I had placed tape to keep adhesive from squirting through the stitch holes.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looks nice!

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Boat looks great....

But, you need to throw some saw dust and epoxy on the floor!

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

HA! Mom taught me to "clean as I go" in the kitchen. I guess I do the same thing in the garage...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very nice & well done Toadfish!!! Very good seeing you last Friday and glad you returned without a problem!!!!! Jeff

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

toadfish wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:30 pm HA! Mom taught me to "clean as I go" in the kitchen. I guess I do the same thing in the garage...
I hear you there. I can't tell you how many times I've blown out the garage. Just didn't want it tracked in the house. That strongback looks good and you will like having it lower. I wish mine was about 6 inches lower that it is now.

toadfish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by toadfish »

Finally have the inside seams taped and cloth inside the hull. Unfortunately, schedule didn't allow this to be done wet on wet, so there was some sanding between steps. Tape "guidelines" helped keep the glass tape straight with a uniform overlap on the keel.

Even though there is glass cloth on the entire outside of the hull, only 6" on the inside as called for in the plans.

Initial tacking of the stringers. The knees were already placed so that they could be integrated into the taping of the transom. Don't like that epoxy puddle!

Fred Flintstone stringer clamps-

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice work toadfish!!! Jeff

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Toadfish,

You really are doing some nice clean work!!!
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright