FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by Jeff »

OQ, in the end, did you and your business do ok? It appears so many in the greater Houston area did not do well with the flooding!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jeff wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 am OQ, in the end, did you and your business do ok? It appears so many in the greater Houston area did not do well with the flooding!!! Jeff
My assistant and I were planning on leaving the warehouse at noon but the rain let loose at around 10:30. I had been watching radar all morning and a lot of moisture came in from the west like a freight train. Caught us both off guard. Within minutes the Interstate 10 corridor was flooded. All week the rain was staying north East of us but this thing just formed and then dumped a lot of water like a water balloon popped!

She heads south east and she had an opening around 1:00 so she made it safely. I head west towards all the flooding. :?

Canceled all bayou events and it was a big weekend with two back to back tours and a clean up on another bayou. But we should be ok.

Thanks for asking Jeff!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Hope all works out. Watching the news and weather for your area :(

Don't know how I can help, but if you need another FS14 builders help, just ask.

Bob

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Goog OQ, glad for you guys!! I must admit, it looks horrible out there (Houston greater area) watching the Weather Channel!!! Stay safe, Jeff

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Stay safe OQ!!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thanks guys! The news always makes things look worst than they are.

A little while ago I walked into a store with the sun shining. Few seconds there was a down pour! 8O Now the sun is back out.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Crazy weather OQ!! Just glad you did good!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

It has not been to bad for us when you guys seem to keep getting storm after storm Jeff.

Since we had a little rain I did find the time to start on the mounts in the anchor locker. Just a couple of hangers to keep the anchor stowed and easy access. Here are a few scrap pieces of 9mm marine ply that I draw a pattern on and stack 4 on top of each other and cut on the scroll saw. I sanded all the rough edges while they were still screwed together. ( I just noticed the top of the work bench is getting to many holes in it!)

Once I pulled them apart, I paired them up, neat epoxy coated and then glued them together. When I pulled the screws out I used bamboo skewers to re-align them. Will see what my mess looks like in the morning. :doh:
I also drilled a drain hole for the foredeck lockers. The drain tube runs under the battery lock which will also run into the drain tube. Is it me or do I always find a very complex way to do something simple? 8O :lol:
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

flyfishingmonk wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:24 am

I keep running out of woodworking stuff to do and finding myself needing to mess with epoxy. I prefer the woodworking over the epoxy. :?

Me too! Flyfishingmonk I did not want to hijack your build thread so posted this on my own.

I love working with the wood and epoxy, since I use a lot of wood glue on my little wood projects. The thing I hate about epoxy is I find it seems to go everywhere!

I don't know how it got on this end of the clamps :doh:
A. A. Milne

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk »

Isn't that the truth! Just a few days ago I found a whole mess of it on my bandsaw base. The clamps must have a combined 1/2 gallon on them.

Casey
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27
Build Photos at Fly Fishing Monk's Phantom 18
Work Bio at Provision Retirement