Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Fuzz »

Just be careful and pace yourself some. Many years ago I learned the hard way that if you burn both ends of the candle for long enough your body will slow you down one way or another :help:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 am Just be careful and pace yourself some. Many years ago I learned the hard way that if you burn both ends of the candle for long enough your body will slow you down one way or another :help:
I learned that already. I got chronic bronchitis from sleeping too little years back. Now I sleep more.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

changeat44
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by changeat44 »

You do a great job! As others say, you almost build two big boats, that's a hugh amount of labour. I think it's normal how you feel.
Don't forget, you're a great example for many others and due to this forum you will be for a long time!

Just keep going.

Daniel

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

changeat44 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:22 am You do a great job! As others say, you almost build two big boats, that's a hugh amount of labour. I think it's normal how you feel.
Don't forget, you're a great example for many others and due to this forum you will be for a long time!

Just keep going.

Daniel
Yes. Thanks for the good words.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Well, we finally got back to sanding the Skoota.

And we don't like the way the primer coat looks. Just a few too many waves.

So, i ordered some 180 grit Mirka and plan to torture board it.

Meantime, will start fairing the port hull.

This mornin the RH was 28% and so too dry to tack off anyhow. I am running 2 humidifiers, but the furnace is a condensing type; so it fights me. Started to humidify about 2pm; after 8 hours, two hunidifiers are up to 39%. Our target is 55%..

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FallGuy, How cold is it up there? Atlanta hit 17 yesterday morning, colder than Alaska!!!! Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Hell, 17 was our high the other day.

We are dipping to single digits at nite.

The wind is bitter mean from the north. Pretty sure Fuzz sent it here. He is probably sea tempered now; we don't get that.

This is technically cold for November, but we get highs of minus 5 a few times a year and they close schools on highs of minus 10.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:08 amThis is technically cold for November, but we get highs of minus 5 a few times a year and they close schools on highs of minus 10.
First year we lived in SC they closed school because of cold. We didn't think to listen to the radio that morning so my son went to the bus stop. In shorts because the class rooms were too warm at 75F. It was 38F outside. Apparently we are a bit softer than you northern staters.

:)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am
fallguy1000 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:08 amThis is technically cold for November, but we get highs of minus 5 a few times a year and they close schools on highs of minus 10.
First year we lived in SC they closed school because of cold. We didn't think to listen to the radio that morning so my son went to the bus stop. In shorts because the class rooms were too warm at 75F. It was 38F outside. Apparently we are a bit softer than you northern staters.

:)
We still hate the cold. It sucks. I want to move.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Too cold FallGuy, just way too cold!!!! Jeff