PG25C Cabin Frames B and C

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
dutchman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PG25C Cabin Frames B and C

Post by dutchman »

Please find attached a copy of your Drawig B289 5001
I am looking for the dimensions indicated with “?” on you drawing
The locations 1-4 are clear, they are on the Stations drawing.
Possibly I have overlooked something.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PG25C Cabin Frames B and C

Post by Eric1 »

dutchman wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:07 am Please find attached a copy of your Drawig B289 5001
I am looking for the dimensions indicated with “?” on you drawing
The locations 1-4 are clear, they are on the Stations drawing.
Possibly I have overlooked something.
Hi Dutchman, In the future just refer to the Drawing Number.
Posting the drawing is not acceptable as this data is copyrighted.
Jacques will know where to look. :wink:

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I see those dimensions on drawing D289/4.
For example. you show, on frame B, the top corner of the cabin as missing but I clearly see it at 1168 above BL and 496 offset from CL, on the stations drawing 289/4..
Note that I do not repeat dimensions for each side. If I show something on the starboard side, it will be the same on the port side.

I show the outlines of each frame/station on the stations drawing and the details on the frames drawing.

If something is missing, tell me on which drawing (number) and what point.

PS: I love that boat, not enough are building her. If I did not have another cabin boat, that is the one I would build.
Post pictures please.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

dutchman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dutchman »

Dear Jacques

Thank you for your Response
Unfortunately the drawing D289_4 is not in my downloaded drawing package, I received D267/4, 10/1/04, “Stations” instead, which does not show the dimensions you are referring to.
Also I received D289_3 instead of B289_3 as listed on the plans packing list online (study plans), possibly the latter is just a typing error.
I already mentioned the above in a separate email.
Please send me the file B289_4 by email.

With regard to building the PG25 C, I live on Bintan Island (right on the beach), Indonesia and marine plywood, fiberglass and epoxy is not available here.
I am currently working on the restauration of a local made fiberglass “Sampan” (5m x 1,2m).
I flew in the fiberglass from Zurich, Switzerland (my 2nd home), bought the epoxy and plywood (full sheets cut into 4) in Singapore (50 km away by ferry).
I was just studying the Panga plans to get some inspiration for a possible small cabin on my sampan.
Since the materials to build the Panga could only be obtained through high efforts and costs and being already 73 now, I unfortunately must abandon the PG25 C project and just be daydreaming about it.
Last but not least I must mention that your site gives me great opportunities for learning and inspiration.

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

dutchman,

I checked our files and all the sheets seem to be there. When you received your download it came in the form of a zip file. The zip file had several PDF documents and one folder with two other PDF files in it. The main PDF that you need (and this is the one that you have already opened) is called PG25C_M. These is the standard sheet file for the PG25. Inside the folder "Large Sheets" there is a PDF file called "D267_4_m" This is the stations drawing that you are looking for. This is in a separate folder because it is scaled to print on a "D" size sheet, 24" x 36".
If you cannot find this file please send me an email and I will be sure to send you the completed file.
Thank you,
Reid
reid@boatbuildercentral.com
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

dutchman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dutchman »

Reid
the issue is not solved, only my confusion increased
I will send you an email

dutchman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dutchman »

Just for the record:
It appeared that my statements were justified, I finally received the drawing that was missing in my download.