Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by Eric1 »

Good Job!

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Congrats on the flip!
Sweet rig made it a snap!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Great flip FluidDynamic!!! Congrats on making it look easy!!! Jeff

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

I sanded all of the drips and epoxy runs. I filled part of the kerfs where the tape for the keel needed to go and I placed three overlapping layers of epoxied tape. The plans only called for two, but I was thinking it would be stronger with three. Might be overkill. I ran out of time, so I had to sand all of the other filets
Attachments
20200317_230350.jpg

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 am I sanded all of the drips and epoxy runs. I filled part of the kerfs where the tape for the keel needed to go and I placed three overlapping layers of epoxied tape. The plans only called for two, but I was thinking it would be stronger with three. Might be overkill. I ran out of time, so I had to sand all of the other filets
Looks good. When you tape; avoid laying tapes on top of each other creating a high edge. This creates issues with localizing weakness (next to the higher strength area) as well as difficulty with future laminations.

It could also just be my eyes or the picture.

Stagger the tapes or size them differently to avoid this issue. An example is taping 4-4 offset with a 3" tape in the middle on top of the two offsets. Or 6,4-4 offsets, or 8-6-4.

Sometimes hard to do, but always the best way.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

They are staggered. Its just the picture that makes it look like that. There is at least a 2" overlap on each tape.

sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sharkbait2576 »

Back in action. I have everything cut out. I try to do my own research and not ask questions that others have asked. But……I can’t find anywhere in the plans how far from centerline the stringers are? I see how deep to cut the notches based on the stations. Any help? Thanks

sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sharkbait2576 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:05 pm I epoxy glued the stringers this morning, cut the notches on the frames, and braced the transom. I should be able to place the stringers on the frames tomorrow.

Where do you find distance from centerline for stringers. Wanted to quote your post so it’s easier to find. Thanks.

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Look at Frame C on the sheet that shows the cutout dimensions for the frames. It is 12" from the centerline.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 pm They are staggered. Its just the picture that makes it look like that. There is at least a 2" overlap on each tape.
All good. Truth is I can't see shit early in the morning. Too much fiberglass sandmen in my eyes.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495