ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by BarraMan »

I too was wondering Michael - take care.
Best regards
Lee

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

GB, take good care of yourself and get well soon!! Really good to hear from you, Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

I too am free of Covid!
18016.jpeg
18016.jpeg (90.35 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
Now that right there is DROLL!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Glossie slow down and get your health issue taken care of. All the boat stuff will wait, we need you for the long term.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Wow, many thanks for the kind words and support Jaysen, cape man, Lee, Jeff, and Fuzz. Very much appreciated. :D

I'm on the improve, and looking forward to many shared adventures between us in the years ahead.

And cape man, SUPER DROLL, LMAO. :D :D :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good news GB!!! Have a great weekend and please, STAY HEALTHY!!! Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Jeff. :D

Surreal is an appropriate way to describe Noosa this Easter weekend. Under heavy lockdown, streets and public spaces are all but deserted. Normally Easter = Noosa sardine city.

These past few weeks we've been lying low on our semi-wilderness Noosa North Shore retreat, self-isolating and nursing my health. This morning the pressure pump that distributes water from our rain water tanks to our bathroom, kitchen, etc., died.

Tomorrow is the child bride's 73rd birthday, so observing social-distancing rules, we are going to take our chances running the local lockdown road barriers to get to Skinnydip and the plumbed and functioning Great Sandy, to celebrate the child bride's 73rd in style. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Great to hear you are on the mend! Enjoy your weekend!
Certainly will be great to see the day when our daily activities return to normal...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

You feeling better is great news, not so much that the pump broke! Keep getting better!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
Have a Happy Easter and carry on getting better from your mild pneumonia. It is also very nice to have quiet and isolated days and let work on the boat rest as well. I spend lots of time in the garden and listening to the birds great titmouse are nesting there. Even that the boat is round the corner under the carport I have not made it ready for sailing yet. This isolation helps one to relax a lot more. The most I do manually is building for an hour or two a day on twin children beds for the arrival of grand children no 4 and 5. For the rest I make sure not to forget to celebrate sundowner time with my wife and good red wine. If you also take it as easy as that you will be fit soon just do not be impatient with health progress, it takes its own time especially at our age.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433