FS 13 as a paddle board?

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
WC53
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

FS 13 as a paddle board?

Post by WC53 »

Interested in how the FS13 performs as a paddle board. Maybe with a troller as an option. Looking for something to fish shallow flats with lots of oyster bars and cuts. The rocker in my kayak causes it to draft too much..lol

A skeg doesn’t work for this area, tracking wise does the fs13 do well, would a shallow tunnel help with tracking?

A little rambling here, thank you for any help

Editing to add, I’m 60, 210lbs. I travel The ICW (briefly) and salt creeks to get to the inshore flats. Current can be entertaining some times.
Last edited by WC53 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS 13 as a paddle board?

Post by BB Sig »

I'm attempting to get a nurse at work to do something similar. She wants a paddle board and wants to build it. She is supposed to be coming over to my house to look at my still in the build FS13. :oops:

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I don't believe a well or tunnel will help with tracking.
A removable surfboard skeg would be fine. The skeg will never be as deep as the "troller" you mention.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

WC53
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WC53 »

Thank you sir,

I only use a troller to get to the creek when my shoulder arthritis is acting up. From that point on I paddle or pole. The flat I like to fish retains water at low tide, but I might have to walk a sand/oyster bar now and then at dead low. 4-6” water depth on a few stretches Is common