Captain UB

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Captain UB

Post by Capt UB »

Thanks guys....

We are all good, Mom's house two blocks away had no damages.... at all!! My sister, brother inlaw and mom went through Andrew in 92 Miami, this little tornado scared them!

Both boats are ok, SandPiper FS14 got filled with water again, this time twice as much, she is drying out again! The sailboat got lifted off it's trailer, was not tied down (who knew a tornado would hit), it needed work anyway no loss.

I had no Rum, no electricity, a dog that wanted to play in the wind and rain and a strange feeling of Dejavu!!

The real thing was seeing everything after most of the trash and trees had been removed!! Unreal!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Capt UB wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:35 pm I had no Rum
That is almost an unforgivable sin!

Glad you are well.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Must have been a surprise storm, because no Floridian I know would find themselves without rum during an approaching storm.

Glad you and the boats and the digs survived. Best of luck rebuilding what was damaged.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Glad to hear your okay. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:48 am Glad to hear your okay. Tom

Thank you Tom.