AD16 (Tipsy) Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Jaysen »

terrulian wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:39 am What's that thing with the red lights?
It is a "mini-electrical panel". Boogie has a small batt on board to drive some LED lights and charge phone/gps/etc. He opted for a switch panel with some USB ports built in to minimize the random things floating around the cabin. I thought it was a pretty solid plan on his part.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Solar panel for charging?
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Not yet. There’s enough capacity in the batt for the trips we have planned (sleeping on the boat!!!) and we have batt conditioner available. Once we determine run rates boogie can decide what size charger to get.

At least that’s what he and I have been discussing.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Ok you must be holding out on us. Where are the pictures of the kid Ralphing over the side :doh:

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:01 am You are going boating with Jaysen? This has got to be interesting, bring lots of rum :lol:
Soooo you know😂

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jeff wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:18 am I hope you guys have a great time!!! Be safe!! Jeff
:D

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:10 am
Fuzz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:01 am You are going boating with Jaysen? This has got to be interesting, bring lots of rum :lol:
Jaysen just bought a gallon of rum. Scott is doomed. Doooooommmmmed.
Don’t believe his bluster- I saw him drink one beer and one mixed drink- trust me, he’s a tease

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 am
terrulian wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:39 am What's that thing with the red lights?
It is a "mini-electrical panel". Boogie has a small batt on board to drive some LED lights and charge phone/gps/etc. He opted for a switch panel with some USB ports built in to minimize the random things floating around the cabin. I thought it was a pretty solid plan on his part.
Couldn’t have explained it better 😀👍

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:10 pm Not yet. There’s enough capacity in the batt for the trips we have planned (sleeping on the boat!!!) and we have batt conditioner available. Once we determine run rates boogie can decide what size charger to get.

Exactly ! And I have a bag of assorted batteries for items not drawing from the main battery-ie, mast light, nav lights, led lanterns etc
Last edited by Bogieman on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Bogieman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:39 pm
Jaysen wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:10 pm Not yet. There’s enough capacity in the batt for the trips we have planned (sleeping on the boat!!!) and we have batt conditioner available. Once we determine run rates boogie can decide what size charger to get.

Exactly ! And I have a bag of assorted batteries for items not drawing from the battery ie, mast light, nav lights, led lanterns etc