Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by Jeff »

Agree, very nice!!!! Jeff

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

1st of 3 to 4 coats of Alexseal on the rail and deck. Can still see some primer Gray through the first coat. Gonna gave to clean the hell out of the garage before the final coat goes on.
Attachments
20201008_224551.jpg
20201008_224618.jpg

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Maybe it's just the camera magic, but that looks perfect already.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Looks great!!! Jeff

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Lot of dust in the paint. I got in a rush and didn't clean the garage before the first coat. There are a few spots that I noticed that I will definitely have to fill. Some pin holes that I didn't notice in the primer. I rolled the hull previously with Alexseal which I was really happy with. They just came out with a rolling additive which I used. It really flattens out and pops all of the bubbles. For someone that has never painted a boat, I have been extremely happy with the product. Roll it on, slowly back roll it, and forget it. Come out in the garage the next morning and it looks like glass. THe only issues is dust which I'll have to quit being lazy and clean everything up.

The part I'm dreading is sanding the overlap between the old and new paint. I'll have to compound that area to bring the shine back. I hope it blends well. I've seen it done on YouTube and it looks great with this paint.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 am Lot of dust in the paint. I got in a rush and didn't clean the garage before the first coat. There are a few spots that I noticed that I will definitely have to fill. Some pin holes that I didn't notice in the primer. I rolled the hull previously with Alexseal which I was really happy with. They just came out with a rolling additive which I used. It really flattens out and pops all of the bubbles. For someone that has never painted a boat, I have been extremely happy with the product. Roll it on, slowly back roll it, and forget it. Come out in the garage the next morning and it looks like glass. THe only issues is dust which I'll have to quit being lazy and clean everything up.

The part I'm dreading is sanding the overlap between the old and new paint. I'll have to compound that area to bring the shine back. I hope it blends well. I've seen it done on YouTube and it looks great with this paint.
Please post your overlap sanding experience. I want to see it.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

I'll post before and after pics once the last coat goes on and it cures for abit. My plan is to sand it up to 800 or 1000 grit and then compound it. Alexseal is repairable.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

FluidDynamic wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 am For someone that has never painted a boat, I have been extremely happy with the product. Roll it on, slowly back roll it, and forget it. Come out in the garage the next morning and it looks like glass. THe only issues is dust which I'll have to quit being lazy and clean everything up.
Looking sweet for sure!

The Alexseal rep told me that suspending plastic over the work, rather than a full tent, will prevent a lot of dust from settling in the paint.

Great results with the roller for sure.

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

When I painted the exterior hull, I didn't have too much of a dust issue. Ill just have to clean like I did before and wet the floor. That helps with stirring up dust when walking around boat to paint. Just got lazy thus time.

cape_fisherman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cape_fisherman »

Before you finish paint, wet down the floor.