Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by FluidDynamic »

Kinda hard to see. This is the before and after for the paint overlap. I wet sanded the transition and then compounded with totalbuff and a foam pad. First is the before and second is after.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201023-224544_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20201023-224638_Video Player.jpg

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Oooooooo..... shiny!
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

gstanfield wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:16 am Oooooooo..... shiny!
Glad to see your back :D How are the kids and you still with the sheriffs department.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

TomW1 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Glad to see your back :D How are the kids and you still with the sheriffs department.

Tom
Kids are great, the twins got a little brother for their 3rd birthday so I now have two girls 12 and a boy that's 9. I left the SO a few years back, had some health issues and was offered to cash out my retirement without penalty as an "early retirement lump sum" so I took it and went back to restoring antique cars, teaching motorcycle classes and working in my friend's machine shop. I'm too busy a person to work one job, I go crazy with "spare time"! I've built a few small craft from other designers and decided to build another FL14 so I'm back here. It's good to see that you're still around, taking care of No Excuse. I'll be passing by your way in December as I take the family to my paren't place in Toccoa, GA for Christmas. We're stopping in Gatlinburg for a day on the 19th of December then headed down 441 to 23 and down to my folk's place. If you see a van with Wyoming plates be sure to wave!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

gstanfield wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Tom
Kids are great, the twins got a little brother for their 3rd birthday so I now have two girls 12 and a boy that's 9. I left the SO a few years back, had some health issues and was offered to cash out my retirement without penalty as an "early retirement lump sum" so I took it and went back to restoring antique cars, teaching motorcycle classes and working in my friend's machine shop. I'm too busy a person to work one job, I go crazy with "spare time"! I've built a few small craft from other designers and decided to build another FL14 so I'm back here. It's good to see that you're still around, taking care of No Excuse. I'll be passing by your way in December as I take the family to my paren't place in Toccoa, GA for Christmas. We're stopping in Gatlinburg for a day on the 19th of December then headed down 441 to 23 and down to my folk's place. If you see a van with Wyoming plates be sure to wave!
Well dang you will be going right by me. I would love to meet you there is a McDonald's in Cherokee on 441 that we could meet at if you want. It may be better to do it after your visit with your folks as I am having shoulder replacement surgery on Nov. 16. Give me a call 828 488 6840 if you want to. Toccoa is a beautiful area enjoy your time there.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

TomW1 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:52 am
gstanfield wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Tom
Well dang you will be going right by me. I would love to meet you there is a McDonald's in Cherokee on 441 that we could meet at if you want. It may be better to do it after your visit with your folks as I am having shoulder replacement surgery on Nov. 16. Give me a call XXXXXX if you want to. Toccoa is a beautiful area enjoy your time there.
I saved your number in my phone so you can delete it from the post if you'd like. I will certainly give you a call and best wishes on your shoulder surgery.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

FluidDynamic: Pardon us for the momentary thread-jacking. Your build is looking fantastic and I certainly don't want to take away from that. 8)

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

No Problem

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:29 am No Problem
Also sorry haven't seen Stan on the Forum in a long time thanks for your patience. Tom

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

I epoxied the rope rub rail on. Ill let this side cure before I wrap it around the other side.
Attachments
20201026_214316.jpg