Someone's got to say it - I don't like the new website format!

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Someone's got to say it - I don't like the new website format!

Post by fallguy1000 »

ps...

I am pretty sure my password here got found a few months back.

I mentioned it to Jeff awhile ago and we changed it. But someone sent me an email and said they had my private password and cited it which was the one I used here. Their email also wanted me to pay them to not go public with other information, but it was an empty ploy.

So, some of Jaysen's words are not just mumbojumbo.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:00 am ps...

I am pretty sure my password here got found a few months back.

I mentioned it to Jeff awhile ago and we changed it. But someone sent me an email and said they had my private password and cited it which was the one I used here. Their email also wanted me to pay them to not go public with other information, but it was an empty ploy.

So, some of Jaysen's words are not just mumbojumbo.
I've seen no evidence of a db compromise. If you are not reusing a PW run a malware/virus scan. If that comes back negative, let me know the timeframe of that email and I'll review the logs if they are still available.

That said, we no longer store passwords in the DB. there is no way anyone can give you a clear text pw from BBC data without the password being guessed. There are all kinds of ways this happens. If y'all want more info let me know and I'll see if I can get us some educational links. :)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Thanks Jaysen and Jeff! :D

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Hey all. I think, and that's stretching it, I identified the problem.

If you have been having issues with the bbc_universal theme on mobile, please set your profile to use bbc_universal and give it another shot. If I don't hear back, I will assume you all love it, are emphatically thrilled by it, and will put it back as the forced default for everyone.

Thanks for the patience again.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 am BarraMan
BarraMan wrote: ↑Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Its actually easier for me to read on my iphone than on my laptop!
Now you are just playing games with my head. The desktop version should look at the size of the browser windows and scale things to fit. We specify the start of "mobile" at 699px and I changed wording to fit all tabs at 700px. Font size should be 12pt for all normal txt and larger for all headers and menus. Can you PM me you OS and browser info so I can see if I missed something?
BarraMan, the only way I've been able to replicate this is to have the browser set to a "less than 100%" zoom level. Can you verify that you are zoom at 100% in your browser?

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:13 pm Hey all. I think, and that's stretching it, I identified the problem.

If you have been having issues with the bbc_universal theme on mobile, please set your profile to use bbc_universal and give it another shot. If I don't hear back, I will assume you all love it, are emphatically thrilled by it, and will put it back as the forced default for everyone.

Thanks for the patience again.
Mobile is working much better on my iPhone 8 now, thanks for the work.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Rebuild on Jaysen, and thanks for what you're doing.

I'm sufficiently e-communication challenged that I assume I'm the problem, not the site, so I muddle my way through, somehow I get things working, and I'm happy. Bit like boat building. :lol:
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

GB, you don’t build boats. The last one was a study in persistent progress. This one is a study in 3d curves from flat stock. Some might suggest the word art but I don’t think you’d like that. I’ve toyed with an alternate interface to post, but then I’d never build a boat again. I’d spend all my time with support.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Only big differences I see are colors and the tabbing.

The new colors are a bit annoying to me.

Maybe slow the change by keeping the same color scheme and the drop down.

Unless the drop down is the trouble.

Thanks for the efforts. My wife is an IT person and endless hours at the desk that noone sees.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495