Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by VT_Jeff »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:34 am If we move to Texas; we might need air. Told Mrs Fall; her next husband could add that.
That's makin' me laugh! My wife is a bit younger than I and I often have a similar sentiment about fixing !$#%$ around the house.

Hoping your Dad fairs ok, best!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

VT_Jeff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:34 am If we move to Texas; we might need air. Told Mrs Fall; her next husband could add that.
That's makin' me laugh! My wife is a bit younger than I and I often have a similar sentiment about fixing !$#%$ around the house.

Her typical reply is that he already has it on his calendar.

:oops: :help: :|
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm
VT_Jeff wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Her typical reply is that he already has it on his calendar.

:oops: :help: :|
Outstanding! You should ask if he can come over and help when your back is acting up!

BTW, I have the same haircut, maybe a touch more gray than your boy and a few less strands in front.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wishing the best for your Dad FallGuy!!! Jeff

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Really sorry to hear about your dad FG. Soul sick when a parent is ill.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

My last post was too long ago. Later today, I will go take a picture. The heater closet is in, but needs taping.

Boat work has taken a back seat to life some.

My father was diagnosed with mesothelioma, cancer from asbestos. His exposure was not occupational, but incidental. Could have been brake job on a car or my old house or a school building. A bit nervous it was my old house. If so, I, too, would have had some exposure. Somewhere in the early 90s, I had lymph nodes puff up in my underarm. I read about mesothelioma and asbestos is so toxic that it can cause this to happen. I had them biopsied in about 95, came back negative, but they were not looking for an asbestos particle. Sure makes me wonder. Could Dad have got it from an okd broken floor tile in my remodeler house? It ain't the kind of thing to carry guilt with, but it surely is the kind of thing to cause one to wonder and then wonder if I am destined for the same outcome.

I will try to update a picture.

Also, if you made it this far, I am gonna frame in a shower base. And would like some opinions.

The cabin base and sole is about 3" thick under the shower. Originally, I bought a Whale pump and was going to send shower drain water sideways. But it is a big headache because I'd need to make a false floor to facilitate the drain which has a sensor in it. Instead, simple is a 2" hole in the floor and a drain out to sea and 6'3" head clearance in the shower. I figure it'd be 5'11" with the false floor and more weight. There is no room for a p trap in 3", but a closable drain would keep out the bugs and ocean waves if it ever got real rough. Thoughts? Leaning to no pump.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FallGuy, I am really sorry to hear about your father!!! I hope you and your family can have a good Christmas under the terrible circumstances!!!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Not sure about the rules for your area but gray water should not be a big problem to go overboard in lots of places.
I think you will regret a low ceiling in the shower so it would be the drain choice for me.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

is it too crazy to be able to put a gravity drain bucket if you are hanging out in a marina or somewhere?

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

jonnymac wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:40 pm is it too crazy to be able to put a gravity drain bucket if you are hanging out in a marina or somewhere?
All goes overboard.

Pretty sure I am gonna go open to sea with closeable draincocks.