Port A XF 20

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Explorer 19TV
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Port A XF 20

Post by Explorer 19TV »

Thanks Tom yep I'm still around

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Help from any techies out there. How canI save this whole build file to some some of file. I would like to have it as a bookmark or similar manner to archive it. Tia. Dr Pete

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

PeteEdquist wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 am Help from any techies out there. How canI save this whole build file to some some of file. I would like to have it as a bookmark or similar manner to archive it. Tia. Dr Pete
are you trying to archive it to your personal device or just want to be able to find it quickly in the future?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Thanks Jaysen. Just to my phone like a bookmark among the others. I am the poster child for tech inability. That dot on the left that is not even on the bell curve.......that’s me. I own it.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

PeteEdquist wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:01 am Thanks Jaysen. Just to my phone like a bookmark among the others. I am the poster child for tech inability. That dot on the left that is not even on the bell curve.......that’s me. I own it.
You have a couple options here....
1. Bookmark the topic in your profile (that will take extra clicks to find it)
2. Bookmark in your phone browser.

I recommend #2 as you probably use bookmarks for other sites. I'm an iPhone user and can assist if you have an iPhone.
0. Go to the first post in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63865&sid=d8999f278 ... 55b1bda2eb) :)
1. At the bottom of the browser window is an icon that looks like a book. force press the icon.
2. A popup menu will appear. Tap "add bookmark".
3. In the next screen, the top field is the bookmark name. If needed change the name to something meaningful.
4. Tap save.

That is it. Let me know if you need more help.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

joe2700
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by joe2700 »

PeteEdquist wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 am Help from any techies out there. How canI save this whole build file to some some of file. I would like to have it as a bookmark or similar manner to archive it. Tia. Dr Pete
It sounds like you actually want to just bookmark this, but to answer the original question about how to save a build to a file that you can keep offline:

I looked into this because I wanted my own copy of my build log just in case data was ever lost on this forum or at the photo host(which happened with another host, leaving some builds pictureless).

It's surprisingly difficult to download a forum thread in a way you can view it later without manually going to each page and saving it as a pdf. I ended up doing it with a chrome plugin that created one organized pdf from all the posts in a thread, but it was a lot of trouble, and I'm a developer. I will probably do it one more time when my build is complete.

It's easier to just set each page to print view, "print" it, and save as a pdf. It's a shame there isn't just a button to download a whole thread. Someone let me know if there is a better way, we do seem to be on a newer version of the software since I tried this, unless it's just a different theme or something.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

joe2700 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 am It's easier to just set each page to print view, "print" it, and save as a pdf. It's a shame there isn't just a button to download a whole thread. Someone let me know if there is a better way, we do seem to be on a newer version of the software since I tried this, unless it's just a different theme or something.
This is a common need/question. There currently isn't a better way to do this. I'm looking into it, but so far, the problem is the shear length of threads overwhelm the system. I'm kind of looking that possibility of spooling to local file then sending the PDF via download, but I keep running out of mem. Others are looking at solutions that might work as well. When we get it figured out and installed I will put up an announcement.

Yesyoucan4
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Yesyoucan4 »

I noticed in one picture the bow is curved at top but rest of pictures it is straight. Also apparently you cut in tunnel before fiberglassing entire bottom

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Reply Yesyoucan. I bought my XF from another builder on this site in the “for sale” link. It was cut out by some previous owner. I was at least 4th owner of the kit. Some option years past had the curve in the bow that I did cut out after the hull was stitched. Yes on tunnel glassing. Cut and taped it in. Then it was glassed with the lamentation of the entire hull. Makes it all one piece and stronger I believe. Only been in the water for 6 months now. Nice bay boat. Not a rough water platform. Let me know if I can help

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Rolled the fishing module with the module transport (trailer) on a commercial scale today..1950 lbs for the fishing module. 20 gallons of fuel, 90 hp 2 strk Yami. 30 lbs of antique casted anchors. 1st time build and way/weigh too much epoxy. .SOB will sustain a torpedo. Gets me where I’m going at 28 mph top. Slower is better. Party barge for wade fishing with my friends. Pack the whole neighborhood for a cocktail/ sunset cruise in the marina. It’s not 1K lbs as represented in the specs. I have full decks. Full sole. Center console. GREAT RIDE. 6 inch draft to slide up into the flats to fish, drift and duck hunt. Last boat...no. Keeper...yes. Got the plans for LM 18.