Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by FluidDynamic »

Finally painted inside the gunnels. I Still need to do a final sanding and one last coat.. About to wrap this thing up. Flooring and the motor is what's left. I ordered the motor two months ago and there is still no eta.
Attachments
20210314_201921.jpg

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

FluidDynamic if you want I can work up what prop you need like I did for GuyP and his FS19 and others. Let me know what motor you are getting and I will let you know the numbers I need from you. You have a really sharp looking PG20. :D

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

TomW1 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:02 pm FluidDynamic if you want I can work up what prop you need like I did for GuyP and his FS19 and others. Let me know what motor you are getting and I will let you know the numbers I need from you. You have a really sharp looking PG20. :D

Regards, Tom
Sure. Suzuki 60 hp. It may be 2 or 3 months until I receive the motor. There seams to be a large demand for outboards, larger than production can keep up with. California is also not cooperating with ships entering the ports.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 am
TomW1 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:02 pm FluidDynamic if you want I can work up what prop you need like I did for GuyP and his FS19 and others. Let me know what motor you are getting and I will let you know the numbers I need from you. You have a really sharp looking PG20. :D

Regards, Tom
Sure. Suzuki 60 hp. It may be 2 or 3 months until I receive the motor. There seams to be a large demand for outboards, larger than production can keep up with. California is also not cooperating with ships entering the ports.
Okay, I will start working on it once you provide the following: I will start with the Plans weight of 1000lbs and add from there. I really like Suzuki's. :D

Any additions you made to your Panga that added weight over the 1000lbs:
Average number of passengers and there weight:
Gas amount:
Water in bait tank:
Coolers and Ice:
I will then add for additional gear 100 lbs. to finish the up what Jacques has started.
I will also add an other 100 lbs. for fishing gear and tackle, food and drinks or maybe a little more depending how many people you are taking out.
Finally I will add the weight of the Suzuki. I will take it from there specs as I need other specs from them.
Well those are the basics if I need anything else I will let you know.

No rush, do it when your ready.

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

TomW1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Regards, Tom
Okay, I will start working on it once you provide the following: I will start with the Plans weight of 1000lbs and add from there. I really like Suzuki's. :D

Gas amount:
Water in bait tank:
Coolers and Ice:
I will then add for additional gear 100 lbs. to finish the up what Jacques has started.
I will also add an other 100 lbs. for fishing gear and tackle, food and drinks or maybe a little more depending how many people you are taking out.
Finally I will add the weight of the Suzuki. I will take it from there specs as I need other specs from them.

Regards, Tom
Any additions you made to your Panga that added weight over the 1000lbs: I think it will be 100 pounds for extra cloth inside and double cloth tape on inside. Also an extra 100 pounds for console, gas tank, steering wheel, helm, binnacle, radio, mfd.
Average number of passengers and there weight: 2 at 190 each.
Gas amount: 17 gallons
Water in bait tank: n/a
Coolers and Ice: 25 lbs

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

FluidDynamic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 pm
TomW1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Gas amount:
Water in bait tank:
Coolers and Ice:

Regards, Tom
Any additions you made to your Panga that added weight over the 1000lbs: I think it will be 100 pounds for extra cloth inside and double cloth tape on inside. Also an extra 100 pounds for console, gas tank, steering wheel, helm, binnacle, radio, mfd.
Average number of passengers and there weight: 2 at 190 each.
Gas amount: 17 gallons
Water in bait tank: n/a
Coolers and Ice: 25 lbs
Okay I will probably have something for you tomorrow afternoon, nice to be retired and able to help you guys. :D

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Well it is early afternoon and here we go.

Your boat will weight 2186lbs plus or minus a little
1000 PG20
150 added weight
102 fuel 100*6
0 water
175 gear 1 add on from what Jacquce started prop, hardware, electronics lockers etc.
125 gear 2 fishing gear, safety gear, etc.
380 people 2 @ 190
25 1 cooler + ice
229 60HP Suziki 2.27 gear ratio max rpms 6300

2186 Total

The prop you will need is an 11 x 11. I actually came up with an 11 x 10.6 but the 11 x 11 should get you close to 6000 rpms which is close to your mac 6300 rpms. Top speed will be in the low 30's. I would suggest going wilt a prop from Powertech Props if the first is not right on they will exchange it for only $75. I know of one guy who spent $2000 getting the right prop. I looked at the PT props that they recommend for 60HP motors and suggest the NReb at 10.375 dia x 12 pitch which also works in my model, or what ever diameter and pitch they suggest around that range. They are good people and will get you the right prop. https://www.ptprop.com/c-class-propellers1.html If you want to go to a dealer in your area there are ones in Mobile(George's Water Sports), Fairhope(Gulf Coast Marine} and Stapleton(L&M Marine). The map from PT had you right in the center of all 3. :D

Rerads, Tom

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Thank you for your help.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Your welcome, once you get it on and up to max rpm's let me know what it is doing and I can recommend any adjustment if needed. Suzuki's have a good break in period, so you won't be able to take it up to full throttle right away. I just went through this with on GuyP's FS19 and Suzuki 90, fortunately I hit the right prop head on.

Well good luck when you get your motor and the break in period. Your boat is one of my favorites of those built, nicely done. :D

Tom

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Just got quoted $2000 for a custom boat cover. Seams a little high to me. My foam flooring patters are on the way tomorrow for me to test to make sure everything fits. Once I give the go ahead, they will cut them and ship to me. The only thing I'll have left then after that is to put the boat on the trailer and get the motor installed.