Jaysen's Helms 24

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Jaysen's Helms 24

Post by piperdown »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm Dang dude! somebody held you down and scrubbed you up some :lol:
Your table is looking good. I am sure that is something that was needed. I have been working on a cockpit table for Steve's DownEastern 32. Did I mention I hate blow boats sometimes? Spent 5 days changing out a cuttless bearing. Ended up pulling the engine to get the shaft out so we could get to the cuttless. Real piece of quality engineering that is. That and having no space for two old fat guys made for some long days :cry:

I think he's channeling Judge Elihu Smails....... :lol:
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

The man is unrecognizable minus the hair.

..cia?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Do you really want to hand a dock line to south end of a northbound grizzly? Most people don’t like the idea that the dockhand might chew through the line. There might be distinct temperature advantages to less hair but I can’t prove it.

I had one goal today… get backing plates on. Forking dumb donkey me can’t plan anything. Couldn’t locate my open tube of 4200. Couldn’t find the templates. Couldn’t find a charged battery. Couldn’t get nuts off three of the winches solo. I did get one fit but the plate isn’t sealed and the winch is not bedded. I will have water ingress.

At least I had cold beer in the fridge at home.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

My day did not go smashingly well either. It is 110F in the boat tent. So moved some work inside and spent most of the day trying to redo the helm riser/seat station.

I know the sentiment of mud becoming kwiksand
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Today's exercise in futility...

Look for already open 4200 tube that multiple people remember you storing in 4 different locations... find nothing.
Attempt to remove carb from 9.9 while mounted on boat and drop nut in cowling. 1.5hr to recover.
Take carb home in a "sealed container" to discover that the container has a hole in the bottom allowing "carb juice" to get into the carpet of boss lady's Sequoia (I didn't have the guts to tell the boss lady it was gas).
Disassemble and reassemble carb to find one little needle thing left laying on the table.
Repeat but with an extra screw...
Repeat but short a screw...
Assemble properly but have not enough time to go back to boat to reinstall.

Current state... now out of beer. Someone hates me. I think it is me.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Crazy day Jaysen!!! I hope the weekend gets better for you!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:03 pm Crazy day Jaysen!!! I hope the weekend gets better for you!!! Jeff
Tomorrow starts a 6day/60hr stretch at "the office". 100+ small boats and PWC are in for the weekend and then I moved some days around to attend an "engagement party" for my daughter. I guess times are changes as in my day that was more of a "are two stripes bad" type thing.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Oh man! Have I been there. Disassembling outboards over the water hoping dropped pieces dont find their way through a cowling drain, AND getting gas in the wifes car. My wife is a total sport, but gas or diesel fumes are over her line.

I'm outside the loop on the engagement party, is she getting hitched or signed up for a hitch?
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Getting hitched early next year. Mrs tells me it just an excuse to drink liquor. Works for me.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

8)
Tony