Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Lost my mind

Post by Fuzz »

So you can sort of see these things were broke up in thirds. One third back working deck to catch fish. One third to haul the fish and the skinny third for the people.
And the luxury accommodations for three men for two months.
The engine is still buried under there even though it can not be seen. I hope to be able to see it in the next day or so.

cape man

Post by cape man »

The picture inside your shop answered my other question. I know how you will be spending the next winter(s). :lol:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

How and what's the hull like?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, that is some "real" luxury accommodations!!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:45 am And the luxury accommodations for three men for two months.
"Ooh ooh that smell!
Can't ya smell that smell!
Ooh ooh that smell!
The smell of fish surrounds you!"
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:14 am The picture inside your shop answered my other question. I know how you will be spending the next winter(s). :lol:
I need something to do to keep this old butt moving in the winter. Maybe not this big but something. I am in no rush so this might take a while.

Yep two months on one of these with only a weekly navy shower off a tender and things can get a little ripe :help: The best you can hope for is everybody stinks about the same.

About the hull it is in pretty good shape and solid glass. The previous owner painted it creek robber Gray with some really cheap paint for some reason.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

No pictures, I forgot to take the camera to the shop, oops. The engine is still in place and will be for a few days but at least I can see the darn thing.
I had almost forgot how much I enjoy that itch from cutting glass but it is coming back to me.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Well the motor can be seen now. It is just a tad rusty :help: Nothing a little paint can't fix :lol:
Yesterday was spent hauling 1900 pounds of wet and rotted wood to the dump. Just goes to show what happens to unprotected wood if you leave it long enough. Needless to say not a drop of epoxy was used on any thing.

Today will be spent doing clean up and letting some bolts soak in penetrating oil.

cape man

Post by cape man »

So did they pay you to haul it away? :lol:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:40 pm So did they pay you to haul it away? :lol:
Nope but the price was right. It cost me a days labour to jack it up and get it on my trailer.
Learned something today. The old shaft coupling was never going to come off so cutting the shaft seemed reasonable but how? Learned they make a cut off wheel just for stainless steel. Took about three minutes with a 4.5 inch grinder :D