Narfi's Zenith CH750 Super Duty

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Narfi's Zenith CH750 Super Duty

Post by narfi »

Sailed, modified, broke, and repaired the sailboat a while. Evenings are getting cooler so Wednesday night I sanded all the epoxy drips off the work table and dug out some zenith parts.

Last night laid out some steel tube for straight support jigs. (Table is on dirt and uneven after a few freeze thaw melt mud cycles) good practice to have some straight steel tubes or beams to clamp to anyways.

Clamp the horizontal stabilizer spars and ribs in place and started going through all my old emails with Roger for dimensions. Drilled pilot holes for the center three ribs and clecoed in place. Need to find or make the angle tab for the outer ones and get them clecoed in place.

Thinking about the skin. .020 with a 1 1/4" radius leading edge. The pipe I had used for vacume forming the rudder isn't long enough for this 10ft long skin. Will need to find a longer pipe which may start getting too flexible or figure out a different method.
20210908_192038.jpg
20210908_192038.jpg (53.5 KiB) Viewed 800 times
20210909_203137.jpg
20210909_203137.jpg (101.56 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad to see you back on the airplane!!! Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad to see you back on the airplane!!! Jeff

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

DAVE LUDICK wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 am
I GET grumpy when the temperature drops below 20C. When my buddies can smell from 10 metres away, I know I am operating at the right temperature.
Not sure how I missed your message, sorry.

I have always preferred the cold, getting miserable when temperatures got above 80f (27C) but I was also carrying around some extra weight that kept me warm..... two winters ago I put a lot of work into getting into a healthier shape and have enjoyed a more energetic lifestyle since. The downside being without the insulation, the calories feeding my furnace, and perhaps and perhaps a consequence of crossing the 40yr mark almost 2yrs ago I get cold much easier now.

I am enjoying my new life, but there is still something to say for being 'fat, dumb and happy' as well :P

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I am enjoying my new life, but there is still something to say for being 'fat, dumb and happy' as well
Same. One of the reasons we moved south was my inability to tolerate the cold after losing a lot of weight. I made about 3 years before the Mrs realized my lack of blubber (which she liked not seeing) meant we need to live someplace warmer.

My trip to visit Fuzz, in august when he said it was warm, confirmed I’m not cut out for the cold.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.