ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by Rickk »

Glad you had an enjoyable 3 months of cruising - the places you've been are beautiful. I've been to AUS twice for work - Sydney and Melbourne. Had a weekend to make it from Melbourne down the coast to see the 12 Apostles - beautiful. Was a very long day...

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks pee wee, Jeff, and Rickk.

For the past two weeks I've been spent a couple of hours most days repainting Great Sandy's forward shade blade in situ.

It's come up well, but it was a pita. I should have done it off the boat when I did the aft blade a few years ago.

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

GB glad you and the brid are home safe and sound and hope you had a Merry Christmas. Sure enjoyed your cruise documentary and the pics of where you went. Glad you had an enjoyavle time. Have a greet New Year.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

TomW1 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:52 pm GB glad you and the brid are home safe and sound and hope you had a Merry Christmas. Sure enjoyed your cruise documentary and the pics of where you went. Glad you had an enjoyavle time. Have a greet New Year.

Tom
X2 :D
I always enjoy being taken along on your trips.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Tom and Fuzz. Yes, it was a very enjoyable three month cruise. :D

Time to complete Feather Pram. Made a start this afternoon.

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

Go baby, go!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very nice GB!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

That looks like a babys rocker after seeing Great Sandy for all these months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks cape man, Jeff, and Tom. :D

I'm building Feather Pram's gunwale rubbing strakes and inwales each out of two laminations of 1/6" thick marine ply.

This afternoon I cut and installed the first of the two portside gunwale laminations. Satisfying work. :D

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Love the wood clamps GB. Nice cheap and functional. My kind of tool. :D

Tom