Jaysen's Helms 24

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Jaysen's Helms 24

Post by TomW1 »

Yes, take care of yourself, do not want to lose you. Tom

Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

My big question about this whole deal is does this mean I got to be nice to you now :doh:

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

That is funny that you picked up on the salt in "low salt" food in the hospital. That means you really have cut back on you salt intake and can taste the salt in food again. And others around you think you are crazy that you taste salt when they do not. Some foods taste a lot different without all the salt huh?

When I was exercising to strengthen what is left of my heart, it was how fast I would get back down to my resting heart rate (RHR) that mattered the most. On my heart rate monitor I could set a max limit and a lower limit alarm. If I needed/wanted a rest. I would stop till my lower limit alarm would sound and get back on the bike. It didn't take to long that that lower limit alarm would sound even if I slowed down to much. Then I started riding on the mountain bike trails in my area, talk about reaching your max limit extremely fast. 8O I don't remember riding a bike being so scary!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:56 pm My big question about this whole deal is does this mean I got to be nice to you now :doh:
I don’t think so. I mean if you want to no one will stop you. But they may be disappointed.

OQ, yeah. I tend to not season much. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll spice things up, but I don’t like to hide the flavor the good lord put into things.

As to heart rate recovery, from 170-120 in about 45 seconds PRIOR to the event. That’s kind of the confusing part for me. I’ve been running for nearly a decade and the external indicators where “fat but not going to die”. Clearly I was wrong on that.

On positive news, Mary (the dog) and I just returned from a 1/2mi walk around the neighborhood. Feel fine. Hopefully this trend will continue.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good news Jaysen!!! Stay the course and get well!!! Jeff