FS17 from Kit Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS17 from Kit Build

Post by TomW1 »

Ulysess there are some go to Support and Tutorials then, Plan Updates for the FS17 at the start of the second page for Power Boat Updates over 16'.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Ulysses wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:23 pm I guess I'm not crazy, as I found a builder's thread from 2010 (user name: whosmatt) who had exactly the same problem. He ended up redoing the splashwell, as the lower bolts are too close to the bottom of the splashwell. I'll probably do something similar. I assume the plans have been updated to fix this issue.
Plan updates.

https://www.boatbuildercentral.com/plan-updates/
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

silentneko
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by silentneko »

I pointed out the error years ago, and after some debate I think it has been fixed now. The clamping board followed the dimensions for a portable outboard, up to 30hp in most cases. My 60hp uses the universal mount pattern found on all larger outboards from 40hp and up. I'd have to go back in my notes, but I think I made mine around 12.5"
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe, and an FS17.