Dingy?

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Dingy?

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:58 pm
Jaysen wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:34 pm V12 or V10

Build light.
I love the looks of the V10, V-12 but they are too long. I am thinking it needs to be 8 foot or less. Not sure if it matters how wide it is.
I think you can reduce the plan. Not sure if 20% is too much though.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Have you considered the FB11 nesting dinghy? Has to be put back together, but stows in a smaller space and at 11' assembled, it could be an answer. In the same vein, the YouTube channel "Sailboat Story" has a "Chameleon" nesting dinghy that's very similar, but also has a sail rig option. They did an extensive series on the build process a few years ago.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

My buddy picked out the PK78 so some time this coming winter I will be helping him build it.