New boat from elsewhere

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Walter Thom
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New boat from elsewhere

Post by Walter Thom »

I cranked the heat up to 68 and did some experimenting with glueing together a test piece with puzzle joints. I worked! I am now moving on to glueing up actual pieces. Everything I am doing now is new to me so, wish me luck.
Have fun
Walter Thom

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

I work in 55-60f all the time. It is inside and temps are steady. I use fast 90% of the time with no problems. Sometimes I will use slow and find it fully set and can be sanded by the next morning. If working outdoors with temp swings it might take longer for the epoxy to set up.

Walter Thom
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Walter Thom »

Excellent! These comments give me an idea on what is actually a safe temp. to work with. I appreciate all of the comments that I have received on all of my questions. I am sure that there will be more. You guys are very helpful.
Thanks
Walter Thom

cape man

Post by cape man »

I have more issues when it's hot than cold, especially if laying down a large piece of glass. I only use slow hardner and just wait a bit longer if it's cool.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

jbo_c
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jbo_c »

Me too. Use exclusively slow. Learned to use a squeegee 99% of the time and can still do big sections that way even up into the 80s and low 90s.

Jbo