Can't login with old account

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
davesAccountisBroken

Can't login with old account

Post by davesAccountisBroken »

Sorry to post admin here, but I can't login to my old account. My username on the old account is davekf. I tried creating a new account, but the email is still being used (assuming by my old account).

I was looking at my old build postings (back around 2007'ish). I found the thread with all the posts, but all of the image links are broken. Any idea to how I can fix this?

Thanks

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Can't login with old account

Post by Jaysen »

I approved this so others can have a chance at fix thing.
  • Attempt to reset your password when you can't log into your account. Sometimes the sytem locks acounts becuse someone is attempting to hack via password guessing. Happens. Sorry.
  • Request "reverificaiton" of your account. This is where the system pretends your a new user. (I did this for you davekf.) You click a link and the account should be live. If you don't remember the password... well... go back to the first step.
  • Drop BBC an from the store page and they will work it from the inside. We can reverify and set passwords. Typically we just reverify and let you follow the manual password reset as it is more secure that way.
Hopefully this gets davekf back in business.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.