HB20 Build - Upstate NY

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: HB20 Build - Upstate NY

Post by jonlitts »

Pivoting again... Life is too crazy. But we really want to build a big boat. Let's build an HB20. 8) More material to come...
2375FBCD-22A0-42A1-BBCA-F63876BF754A_1_105_c.jpeg
---
Jonathan

Jmk2000
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jmk2000 »

Heck yea Jon! Is that how wide the boat will be?! She’s got some beam on her! So excited to watch this build finally get off the ground! I’ve got the itch to start mine again too. I saw you have a YouTube set up. Are you going to document your build there too? I’ve been thinking I might do that. I was recently watching another small boat builder and he was saying how thankful he was to those who were patrion and those that had bought him things off his Amazon wishlist! Man if only! Cant wait to see more updates, don’t loose momentum now!

jonlitts
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jonlitts »

Jmk2000 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 pm Heck yea Jon! Is that how wide the boat will be?! She’s got some beam on her! So excited to watch this build finally get off the ground! I’ve got the itch to start mine again too. I saw you have a YouTube set up. Are you going to document your build there too? I’ve been thinking I might do that. I was recently watching another small boat builder and he was saying how thankful he was to those who were patrion and those that had bought him things off his Amazon wishlist! Man if only! Cant wait to see more updates, don’t loose momentum now!
YouTube documentation as well, yes! I'll be posting those vids here too. We did a bunch of piece-cutting this past weekend and aaaaallmost got our first stringer done. We decided we'll use the completion of the stringer as the stopping point for our first video. 8) You can also see somewhat more frequent posts on IG @the_houseboat_haichbee.

The beam is 8'... and that's actually shrunk from the designed 9'! The towing permit requirements here for load widths wider than 8' just weren't worth the extra 1' to me.
---
Jonathan