FL14 Pictures Finally

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

FL14 Pictures Finally

Post by rjezuit »

I was finally able to get around to posting pictures of my FL14 and homemade trailer. I loved the build, and thanks to all that helped with questions etc. Rick

BilltheCat
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by BilltheCat »

Nice Job ..... big boat to row! Plus Aces on your scenery – nice to have beautiful place to splash!

Dave
The secret is in the oooze!

Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

You have really got something to be proud of. The leaf pattern in the camo is a nice touch.

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit »

Part of the reason for the camo was for duck hunting, I can drape camo cloth over the sides. Another was that the flat paint hid some sanding (or lack of sanding) errors. The inside definately was MUCH harder to sand. Thanks for the nice comments. The main reason I built the boat was to take the kids out and to fish at the lake where the pictures are taken. It's only 3 1/2 miles from where we camp often in the summer and fall. Rick

JeffS
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JeffS »

Nice,

Have fun with it.

JeffS

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Congratulations Rick. Nice job! I like a red boat.

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit »

My daughters picked out the red Interlux brightsides. It went on really smooth with roll and tip. A bunch of coats were needed though until it wasn't transparent. Rick

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Rick,
It's good to see pics of your boat at last! Congratulations on your craftsmanship - she looks really nice and sits well on the water. 8) Congratulations, too, on the home-built trailer. You are obviously a man of many talents!
Mike
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit »

Thanks Mike, It's not the showpiece you built, but I like the way it turned out. I felt if I could build the boat, I could surely build a trailer. The trailer only took me about 16 hours total, less than sanding the interior of the boat. I might make some changes this spring, like flattening out the back end to get some planing ability, and adding a drain. We didn't get much rain last summer, but enough to make me wish I had a drain. Rick

baba101
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by baba101 »

rjezuit wrote:....... I might make some changes this spring, like ..... and adding a drain. We didn't get much rain last summer, but enough to make me wish I had a drain. Rick
Hi Rick,

I too am interested in building a drain in my future FL14...is there a drain kit that you are going to install...? Are you not afraid of leakage...(this may be a silly question...but its been on my mind for a while now....)..

Thanks