VG20+ just before the last coat of white paint

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
Steve_Borelli
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steve_Borelli »

Dear builders,<BR><BR>given the fact, with this new message forums, it is possible to add pictures, here is my VG+ just before the last white coat I will spray next week-end...<BR>And then up-right again !!!<BR>Have a nice building !<BR><BR>Bye.<BR>Steve
Steve

Hoaglund
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Hoaglund »

Hi Steve,<BR><BR>The boat looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures. Is that hole in the hull in the first picture where your rudder shaft comes through?<BR><BR>I can´t wait to see how your skirt comes out without the notch. I find myself standing back on the skirt during mast raising and, of course, whenever I climb into or out of the boat. Without the notch, you´ll probably have a lot more room back there.<BR><BR>

Steve_Borelli
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steve_Borelli »

Dear John,<BR><BR>as you supposed the hole is for the rudder.<BR>This week-end I finished to spray the paint and I´m ready to roll the hull up-right (next Sunday)<BR>Then I will go back to working on the skirt.<BR>I went to your site to see your new picture: John you made a very exceptional work.<BR>I hope to reach a good finishing quality as you did.<BR><BR>´c we soon !<BR><BR>Bye.<BR>Steve
Steve

JimW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JimW »

Steve, Are you keeping the stern "bright" finished, (natural wood)? I noticed you masked the stern. If so I think your boat will look awesome. There is nothing quite so pretty as seeing a sailboat go by and when the stern is visible it´s a nice dark rich wood finish! Will look marvelous.<BR><BR>Jim
Jim Wright
CC, D15, SC16, C19

Steve_Borelli
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steve_Borelli »

Dear Jim,<BR><BR>well, as you noticed I will try to keep some parts just varnished, showing up the wonderful Okume pattern.<BR>I said "try" because, for example on the deck I´m planning to place one layer of light woven fiberglass and actually I don´t know how the pattern could interfere with the light.<BR>So I will see what are the results and then decide.<BR>Anyway, this is the list of items I want to keep varnished :<BR><BR>Outside<BR>----------<BR>- Top side of stern<BR>- Horizontal faces of the Cockpit<BR>- Deck<BR><BR>Inside<BR>--------<BR>- Saloon Horizontal faces<BR>- Bow berth<BR><BR>Bye.<BR>Steve
Steve