Sacramento, CA Area

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Dorado Guy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Sacramento, CA Area

Post by Dorado Guy »

Are there any boat builders in the Sacramento area. I live in Walnut Grove and would like to talk shop. :help:

Pimentel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pimentel »

I'm in tracy and have put togther a cheap canoe, http://gallery.bateau2.comindex.php?cat=14012[url]. I know that yoda is in valley springs and he's in the homestretch on a beautiful hmd 19 and there are at least two or three other builders on the board from Sac.[/url]

DRW
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by DRW »

I'm in Carmichael with a SH14 in slow progress in a garage in downtown Sac. It's been kind of an on and off build but I intend to get back on it soon. I got a motorcycle recently (first one in 20 yrs.) and wouldn't mind the ride over your way.
DRW

SH14 in progress.

R Pring
New Poster
New Poster

Post by R Pring »

I'm in Fairfield, I plan to build the cheap canoe first (my first boat building project). This way I'll learn the steps and process for building more complicated projects. I don't want to try to big of a project right out of the box! Then I'll build the DS-15. However, it won't be ready for this duck season!!! I also would like to meet and talk with northern California builders.

Pimentel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pimentel »

Don't forget that the cheap canoe is based on a pirogue which is a hunting canoe. I'm using mine this year for hunting the local sloughs in the delta. I'm going to be making a burlap cover for it soon. I even had my local line x guy shoot a thin layer on the inside for a tough finish that can handle deeks, gun barrels or anything else I throw at it.

R Pring
New Poster
New Poster

Post by R Pring »

Correct, and I will probably will. My first thoughts are to have the grand kids use the boat up at Blue lake, in Lake County each summer. I look forward to building.

Dorado Guy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dorado Guy »

R Pring wrote:Correct, and I will probably will. My first thoughts are to have the grand kids use the boat up at Blue lake, in Lake County each summer. I look forward to building.