Tis the season

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Tis the season

Post by Eric1 »

That is an awesome buck!! Congrats Craig!!!!! :D :D :D

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

Thats a great buck :!: It cracks me up to see you wearing shorts deer hunting :lol:
Novi 23 finally launched !

cape man

Post by cape man »

And barefoot :D
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

topwater

Post by topwater »

That's just not right, i don't think i have ever hunted during deer season above 40 degrees . In northern Maine
it was usually closer to 0 :wink:
Novi 23 finally launched !

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Am I very gay if I say I couldn't do that myself :lol:
Strange thing is I don't have any trouble beating the heck out or bleeding out a big fish, I'm almost sure I'm not the only one, am I?
Why is that? after all both are living creatures :doh:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

peter-curacao wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am Am I very gay if I say I couldn't do that myself :lol:
Strange thing is I don't have any trouble beating the heck out or bleeding out a big fish, I'm almost sure I'm not the only one, am I?
Why is that? after all both are living creatures :doh:
When a fish looks you in the eye it is just cold and annoying... when it's a warmblooded critter with fur and a eye that looks like a dog... dang it... now I'm getting misty eyed.

Deer do taste good though.

I think I last did in a "furry" when I was a teenager. Just can't seem to get over the gut reaction. Hopefully it won't be an issue if I ever have to hunt to eat again.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Don't get me wrong as long as you eat it I'm not against hunting, just saying this goofball couldn't do it :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

We eat at least two a year now, and have gone through 4 in one year. Killing to eat is part of what we are, despite some who believe otherwise. Pulled the card from my game camera. Had to post this one. The smoke from the muzzleloader is still clearing...

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Nice!

With you cape-man. Used to be how we kept food on the table. But after years of "store meat" or getting it from someone else (and maybe too many sessions of Bambi movies with the kids) I'm not up to it like I used to be. I'm sure that a bit of time being hungry would make all that go away though.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Cape Man, that is some really good shooting from a muzzleloader!! Congrats again!! Jeff