Tis the season

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Tis the season

Post by Capt UB »

Only time I hunted was on a whaling ship, just a deckhand, East side of Bequia, Grenadines. They still hunt whale once a year, last I heard. This is not my photo, but I never hunted on land, bars..yes!
image.adapt.990.high.alaska_whaling_at_sea.1437768499716.jpg
Last edited by Capt UB on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

I think hunting has a lot to do with how and where you grow up. As a kid my father and I shot two moose every year. There was no sport in it, this was what we ate. No moose and it would have been a hungry winter. Because of this I have never thought of hunting as a sport, it is just another job that must be done before the snow flies.

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Capeman,
Please measure and score him. I bet he would go on the Florida Big Buck Registry. Especially for central Florida! That is awesome! Congrats!

Steve

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Dutch1 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 pm Capeman,
Please measure and score him. I bet he would go on the Florida Big Buck Registry. Especially for central Florida! !

Steve
I have a dark suspicion Craig will know :P

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 pm I think hunting has a lot to do with how and where you grow up.
Yep not much hunting in The Netherlands, granddad was a farmer dad an artist and they were both into horses riding/racing/carriages.So food was there and animals were there as a hobby. Now I think of it I don't think with exception from Kings and royals there are many hunters in the Netherlands but I could be wrong, fisherman there's a lot of them, but that's not strange with a coastline like that

cape man

Post by cape man »

Capeman,
Please measure and score him. I bet he would go on the Florida Big Buck Registry. Especially for central Florida! That is awesome! Congrats!
He will be close to the Hillsborough record...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 pm I think hunting has a lot to do with how and where you grow up. As a kid my father and I shot two moose every year. There was no sport in it, this was what we ate. No moose and it would have been a hungry winter. Because of this I have never thought of hunting as a sport, it is just another job that must be done before the snow flies.
Pretty much the same for me Fuzz. I've shooting since I was six and we hunted for food when I grew up. First squirrels then bigger game.
We kept the respect in the old way,s offering a prayer of thanksgiving to everything we killed. To us it is important. We used everything the animal gave us. Even squirrel tails became fishing lures. :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

He isn't walking any more. This is the one I was after when the bigger guy walked out Saturday.

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fred in Wisc
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fred in Wisc »

Wow, congrats on a very productive season there! And that 11 is a whopper anywhere in the country.

Alas, our timber wolf population is getting so high that the deer herd is really getting beat up in northern Wisconsin. I'm jealous of the number of deer you have around.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats again Cape Man!! Good year of hunting for you!! Jeff