ar15 Brazilian Builder

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
sds
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sds »

CO6AKA,

My understanding is that bateau.com provides plans geared towards a practical method of building boats -- a method that works with the plans, as provided.

In my reading here, in the instance where mistakes are found, I've only known Jacques to correct them, in concert with builders, in the most direct and practical terms. Most builders seem very satisfied, both with the plans, and with the support provided.

Similarly, I think your practical concerns have been addressed directly, in terms of the practical boat building methods promoted and supported here.

But you seem to be asking that the plans be re-engineered, to meet your particular idea of precision, and if the designer is unwilling to set that precedent, you're quick to imply bad-faith.

To me, this is both unfair, and unwarranted.

Scott

ArizonaBuilder
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by ArizonaBuilder »

C06AKA,

Looking at D230/3 the length of the upper edge of the topside panel is 4717mm and the length of the bottom edge is 4892mm based upon a plywood size of 2440x1220mm.

These distances are a straight line between the points at the 4 corners of the panel. I converted my plans from imperial to metric.

To calculate the distane you just needed to do some trig. For the bottom length. you have a2+b2=c2 for a right angle triangle.

a = 4880 = two sheets of 2440mm ply
b = 344 = the distance from the edge of the ply for the bottom point.

a2=23814400
b2=118336
c2=23814400 + 118336
c=4892

To calculate the length of the upper edge you need to caculate the vertical and horizontal distance between the two top points. You now have another right angle triangle and you can caculat the distance of the longest side which is the length of the upper edge.

I hope this helps.

Now get back to building and give us some pictures.

For building the boat and cutting out the panels you don't need these dimensions. You simple plot the 4 corners onto the ply, draw straight lines between the points. Add your 3" camber to the edges and draw them with a flexible baten. Cut out and build.

:) :)
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-- Benjamin Franklin