Inshallah - OD16 Splashed Today!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

DOC MAN GOOD JOB! she looks great wet :D

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

CONGRATULATIONS DOC! Nice work, she looks great. Sufficient grins all around, that's what you like to see.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Nice Work Bones, glad you got her finished :D

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

The "Inshallah"

Post by cottontop »

Hey Doc. Thought you were going to call when you launched her? She sure is beautiful. I know after all this time you were finally glad to get her wet. Your son looks like he just got a little taller since I last saw him. The grins on ya'lls faces say everything. If you want to call me, I had to set my trailer up with some side runners to help loading the boat much easier. It will be so simple and cheap you will kill yourself for not thinking of it. My home number is 352-369-9674. Again congratulations. John : :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ejohns
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ejohns »

Nice Work Doc

Ernie

gunner
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

od16

Post by gunner »

Awesome job Dr. Bones.

Hunch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Hunch »

Bout time Doc. Gotta feel good, hey?

Take your time loading on that trailer. You will get the hang of it.

Now get out there and get some fish.

Gratz man

Hunch

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones »

Thanks loads guys! - And thanks for keeping an eye out for me Hunch! I knew you were hanging out there in the background.

Dunno what happened to EvilD. - Haven't heard from him in ages! - He also made a point of cheering me on and sending me stuff to keep plugging away when I was at the end of my rope..lol. Thanks brother!

Either way...without this great community around a great and practical designer team...I would have never gotten this far!

Remember: I'm one of those guys that never even held a circular saw until the day the plywood was in my driveway! Hahahaha..who would've thought! - And most of my friends now admit that they were betting on the boat becoming a planter in my back yard! HAHAHAHA!

..oh, btw...I checked the place where I hit the dock and it made a fierce crunch...but you can barely see it..didn't even take any of the paint off!

Now, I just need to get a trolling motor (saw one 30lbs for $100 at boatersworld) as an emergency kicker. You guys think that would do as a 'backup'?

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones »

..and here another pic for more grins:

My son with me. He actually was my second hand when fiberglassing the bottom..a full 5 hours or so!

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Looks great Bones. Congrats on floating her!

Take care,
Tim