knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Jaysen »

Who needs a liver?

I’m a fans of the Kirk & Sweeney (12yr or better) and Dictador XO for celebration drinks. El Dorado 21 is my dinner choice, my bottles of 12 are backup stock now that I have a good supplier for 21yr. But the real gem is Botan. You can’t get it unless you know someone running to Guatemala who will smuggle it back (or maybe the producers reduce to pay US bribes to get it here). My neighbor’s daughter is married to a Guatemalan so I have a dealer… this is my water. If there’s rum in heaven, this is it. And it’s what would come out of the tap when you brush your teeth. Glorious stuff.

Avoid Pilar Hemingway profile 7. I remember 2 drinks. Hangover for three days. Not sure what happened to the car and two neighbors won’t talk to me. You’ve been warned.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Jaysen

I don't think there's any of those Rum's you mentioned here are available in Ontario CA. Our LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) only stocks limited varieties. When you travel around you can find the odd different rum or other. There are Rare Wine & Liquor stores but only in large metro centers. Nearest I know of is in Toronto about 350 miles away.

I'm not really a big drinker. Usually we drink Tequila in Mexico and the odd Rum. Very rarely we entertain here and serve a Rum or Whiskey.

You're going to have to come for a visit and bring some samples! :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Our latest Building SHÉ:KON episode is now live on YouTube.

🔍 In this episode, we’re diving headfirst into the nautical abyss, armed with power tools, determination, and a dash of questionable carpentry skills. 🛠️

https://youtu.be/at_5ioXq6tw

Enjoy!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Try Woods Old Navy, original Royal Navy recipe at 57 percent hits the back of the throat nicely

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

colinhart wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:08 am Try Woods Old Navy, original Royal Navy recipe at 57 percent hits the back of the throat nicely
Hi Colin. Will have to try to find some of that. Pusser's is our Go To Navy rum here.

Nice to see you boat coming along nicely.

Cheers mate!
Yours Aye! Rick

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

I like Pussers drink it over here but full strength is quite expensive. Just had a break for a coffee lining out the fore cabin at the mom with 3mm ply will post some photos later

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Finally got around to building myself a HotBox to keep the epoxy flowing in these freezing temperatures. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

That was temp at start. I'll check it again in an hour. The heating pad is 40 watts I think.

Standby....
Yours Aye! Rick

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

PInched the wife's seed germinator to keep mine warm

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

colinhart wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:23 pm PInched the wife's seed germinator to keep mine warm
Shush! She might be listening. :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

A simpler way is to leave your epoxy bottles in a bucket of water with an aquarium heater, costs about 10$.
Built C17 (app.php/gallery/album/262), GF14, Devlin Bella 16. Sails a 30ft Biloup 89 sailboat.