knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Rickk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 pm I'm sure you planned easy access planned to get to the primer bulb(s)
That entire space between the engine and fuel tank will be accessible. I can open up hatches over the entire main cabin except where there's built in furniture. I'm old and fat so it has to be easy to get into and out of. :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Fuel system complete. Check! Onto water/waste plumbing next.

Also thinking ahead to wiring. I've got some stuff on hand and looking around at current tech not sure I can afford to go whole hog Victron. Would be nice with all the new fancy aps and gadgets though. :wink:

Standby....
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Knottybuoyz wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:58 am
Hosing up the stbd side fuel tank. A real mish-mash of fittings etc. I’ll likely pull it all apart & do it again ‘cause to be a proper job ya gotta do it at least twice.

I'm sure you planned easy access planned to get to the primer bulb(s)
Hello Rick,
Just curious, because I didn't put one in on my boat but do you even need a primer bulb there?

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Joe H wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:58 am
Hello Rick,
Just curious, because I didn't put one in on my boat but do you even need a primer bulb there?

Joe H
Hi Joe

I've seen arguments for and against. I figure they'd be good for priming the system for first start up. After that I don't know how much use they'll be. If I don't need them I can always remove them later. Thnx for looking in.

Cheers
Yours Aye! Rick

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Rick,
Nice progress...
Just wondering, I am not an expert. I understand you want to use LiFePO4 batteries for your housebank. Don't you need a specific battery management system for charging the Li batteries with the alternator?
Keep going, all the best.

Peter
LUS

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TheBroomside wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am Rick,
Nice progress...
Just wondering, I am not an expert. I understand you want to use LiFePO4 batteries for your housebank. Don't you need a specific battery management system for charging the Li batteries with the alternator?
Keep going, all the best.

Peter
LUS
Hi Peter

If I was just using the one charging source, alternator, then yes a major upgrade would be required. I'm going to use the Iota 55 as primary shore power charging. The boat will likely sit at the dock during the week and away on weekends so the solar panels will handle topping them up. That's how it's looking at the moment.

Cheers mate!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey fella's. I'm done for the season. Reason in the vid.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/e8EU95olnZ0[/youtube]

Cheers! See ya next year.
Yours Aye! Rick

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Sorry about your loss. Keep on pluggin!
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

cape man

Post by cape man »

Tough to lose a young brother. Hang in there.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry about your loss, it is never easy!!! Jeff