Putter's D15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Mike may be onto something there. IMHO the D15 is a gem of a boat! :D
CC, D15, V10

putter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

IT'S A LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!

Post by putter »

Finally... she is in the water. Yesterday we had a successful launch of my D15. Ran the new motor with no trouble and made some adjustments to it to get it to plane better. Loaded the family and took off. My youngest daughter (4) lasted about 10minutes and needed to be taken back to the dock out of shear fright, so she and my wife were dropped off and my oldest daughter and I managed to get her up to 25mph (per my handheld GPS). Ran her out about 4 miles into the lake and turned around to head back.

Still working on figuring out my weight distribution (250lbs) and where I want to be with batteries and fuel tank to get things balance a bit better. All will take some trial and error along with me developing sea legs for how this little boat handles. Looking forward to it all.

Next is to finish the installation of the lights and fish finder and trolling motor and then it is time to fish (i might actually fish a bit before I get it fully rigged...)

Thanks to all for all of the assistance through out the build. I am looking forward to the family time in our new boat.

FYI, still have not named her yet, but working on it... hopefully this is not too big of a jinx.

D15 - DONE - Gone Fishing!

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Congratulations :)

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Ah. On the water where she belongs. Looks great! :)

gk108

Post by gk108 »

Excellent!
:D :D :D
CC, D15, V10

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Nice job, puttter! She looks real pretty on the water. 8)

Mike
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

lung
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Putter's Putt Putt

Post by lung »

Beautiful job. I can't tell from the picture what kind and hp of motor you are using. Interested in how much hp it took to get 25 mph.

Once again, I'm impressed. You started your project 8 months before I did, and finished at least a month before I'll finish.
D-15; XF20 abuilding
"Once, as I watched her walk across the room . . ."

lung
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by lung »

Oops. I meant to say you started 8 months after I did.
D-15; XF20 abuilding
"Once, as I watched her walk across the room . . ."

putter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by putter »

what kind and hp of motor you are using. Interested in how much hp it took to get 25 mph.
I have a new Johnson 2-stroke 25hp with the standard prop out of the box. I had to adjust the motor so that it was in the closest setting to the transom so that it would plane better with just my daughter (50lbs) in the front and me in the back. This may change now that i have added 2 batteries toward the front. I will let you know. I am not planning on making any prop changes or anything fancy, just plan on tweaking the weight and locations.

I am planning on getting the boat and trailer weighed sooner or later, so I will let you know how much it weighs.

One other thought that I have been fooling around with is to add a removable seat across between the seats on the side to try to get my weight more in the center of the boat.
D15 - DONE - Gone Fishing!

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

I have been following you on your D15...nice job...

let us know anything you wish you would have or have not done.

like where to put gas tank, batteries, stuff like that...maybe add a hatch...

I guess I am really asking how stables do you feel in it and how much weight do you think you can safely carry with that 25hp johnson?

does it feel too light up front.