Super Spook's FS18 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Super Spook
Active Poster
Active Poster

Super Spook's FS18 Build

Post by Super Spook »

Hey guys. I finally started cutting ply today, so I figured that it's about time that I post the address for the blog that I've started.

http://flatsstalker18.blogspot.com/

I know nothing about blogs, so you'll have to bear with me. Start at the bottom and work your way up to follow the posts in chronological order. Anyway, let me know what you think of the website and the build.

Elie

Bayport_Bob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Great site. Glad to see another builder making some progress. It looks like we'll be at similar stages. The cutting process does indeed take longer than expected. I've finally finished cutting 99% of the parts. I'll laminate the transom, build the jig, & join the panels this week if the weather warms a bit.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Never could get the webpage to pull up :?

Super Spook
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Super Spook »

Not sure why :doh: That link works on every computer I've tried it on. It is sometimes a little slow to load, but it always seems to work.

Bayport_Bob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Scott, Can you get to?:

http://www.blogger.com/start

If so, do a search for flatsstalker18. The blog should show up via that route.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Got it to pull up thanks guys :wink:

Spook looks like you have an uphappy poster on your
blog :roll: . When will the madness end :P

Super Spook
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Super Spook »

Like I said, I know nothing about websites, so I didn't realize that linking to a picture on another website steals their bandwidth. I wouldn't have done it if I had known. As far as using pictures of their boat to "promote" the FS18, they need to get over themselves :roll: . They certainly aren't the keenest of business minds working over there. I won't bad mouth them online or on my website, but they've managed to convince me that it is worth my time and effort to tell everyone I run across in person to avoid the company at all costs. Nice job Weak.C.C :wink: . You really hit a home run on this one :oops: .

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Excuse me... it's not even worth recongnizing them.

Nice work so far Super Spook. Keep it up. That's a model I can't wait to see on the water- even though we don't really have any need for it up here, it's still a cool concept and I'm sure it's perfect for your area.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Oh and this boat is not rated for any HKS products :P

lastly, no fair tripple teamin the build :P :P

stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by stickystuff »

Yo! Superspook. I live in Dunnellon. would love to come up and meet you and see the Xf18 as it progresses. If you don't mind give me a shout at oken@bellsouth.net and send me a phone no. i would love to call and come up and see the progress.You can see my latest pics on XF20 today on Builders galleries of front page. Looks great so far. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.489-7914
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.