Page 1 of 1

V10 mostly finished (photo)

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:32 pm
by Skipper Ed
Well guys, thanks again. Couldna done it without you and this forum.

It's my first boat and I'm doggone happy with the result. Since it's February and I live in NY, it'll be a while before I'll find out how it rows and sails. But that will give me time to build the daggerboard, rudder, mast partner, and sailing rig!

But the basic boat is finished!

I'll post a photo in the gallery.

Thanks again to all on the forum and to the tutorials!

Ed[/img]

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:28 pm
by rudar
Looking good

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:09 pm
by BilltheCat
What can be said but "SWEET" a true poster boat!

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:34 am
by chrisobee
It would kill me to chop up that pretty boat to install the daggerboard trunk. I hope you are ready for that emotional challange. You boat looks fantastic.

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:01 am
by Skipper Ed
The daggerboard trunk is already in. I just haven't made the actual daggerboard yet!

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:42 am
by chrisobee
I am very much relieved.

Rudar

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:45 am
by Skipper Ed
How did you manage to include the photo in the message?? What do you do to accomplish that?

Ed

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:23 pm
by chrisobee
You browse to a picture that you want to include in a thread.
Right click on picture itself and select properties.
copy the location of the picture. It should end in .gif or .jpg
edit your message when you want to insert your picture press the IMG button above the edit box.
paste in your picture locaiton.
click the IMG button.

Submit the message and admire your picture.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:34 pm
by Russ5924
Very nice great work. What color is that on the hull been looking for that color but all I seem to find is just green. I want a sea green or almost an aqua went to three marine stores and can't find what I want :?:

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 pm
by ks8
I'm using System Three... blending their blue green and white. If you like the color when I post a picture (one of these days), I'll be happy to give you the ratio, which I will hope to be very simple. One of my first test trials will be 1 part blue, 1 part green, 1 or two parts white. If it looks good, sound simple enough to do your own blend? 8)

Russ, re: paint

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:30 pm
by Skipper Ed
Hi Russ,
It's
Pettit Easypoxy Jade Green 3348.
Thanks for the kind words about the boat.
Ed

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:42 pm
by ks8
Seems I remember when you were just starting the build. Looks great! What were those others boats you have again? Will this be a part time tender? :)

Thanks, KS

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:07 pm
by Skipper Ed
As a boat-building virgin, I appreciate the endorsement! Thanks.

My two other boats are a Swedish-build Scanmar 33 on Narragansett Bay, and a Gloucester 19 on a mooring on a lake in upstate NY.

The V10 will be used as a tender on cruises with the Scanmar, and most often as a dinghy to get out to the mooring on the lake. Also sometimes I'll use it as a sailboat on the lake and sailboat at anchorages when we cruise.

Looking forward to warm weather to try it out!