FS14 nearing completion

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
racerrob
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by racerrob »

Hey ks8, what part of LI are you in? We moved to NC in 1995 from Center Moriches, LI. Lived on the water, (had bigger boats than an fs14!)

TomW, Thanks for the heads up on the NC boat Reg. I'll follow your tips and the link to get it done. I always thought NY made you take the long way around( & around) to get anything done, but NC has second place sewed up.

Jacquesmm, I take your complement to heart on my bootstripe. I've had some experience over the years with my Long Island boats, some wood, some glass. My old "leaky Luhrs" lapstrake took the cake in painting. I used to start caulking and painting in late Feb. just to get her in the water and sealed up for mackeral season in april.

:P :doh: :lol:
Rob Stidd
"RaceCity USA" NASCAR COUNTRY

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Part of my split personality is a few miles southwest of Adventureland (rt 110 in Melville?)

The other part is in a little place called Wake Forest. Maybe you've heard of it? :)

kiwi
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by kiwi »

Clicking on the map here:
http://www.amateurboatbuilding.com/arti ... world.html

I ended up on this page

http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_05_boating.htm

Is that the right page? (verifying that my links are correct and up to date)

Tony
Editor in chief
amateurboatbuilding.com

racerrob
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by racerrob »

ks8 wrote:Part of my split personality is a few miles southwest of Adventureland (rt 110 in Melville?)

The other part is in a little place called Wake Forest. Maybe you've heard of it? :)
I'm familiar with both. My wife talks of going to Adventureland when she lived in Massapequa. We go to Wake Forest for some of the Special Olympics state games we coach with. Do you have an "investment" there?

Where will you use your boat,North shore or South?
Rob Stidd

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Tony you are okay, that is the general(home) page which will eventually lead to the licensing page. I just saved him some time by giving him the specific licensing page. Use mine to save time on finding info on NC titles and registations. You still have to click the vessel registration and titling information line. :D

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

racerrob
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Running angle on our FS14

Post by racerrob »

As far as trimming the boat out, we put a tiller extension on, but it was too hard to use because it comes off the motor at an upward angle, especially with the motor trimmed in, and it is just too long to easily use. We then moved the battery up into the bow locker, and that seemed to do the trick. She jumps up on plane real flat and has a slight bobble as she runs at full throttle, but if you back off the rpm's a bit, she runs great. Thanks Evan and Jaqcues for you advice.
Rob Stidd

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

racerrob wrote:
Where will you use your boat, North shore or South?
Both, and Vermont, Maine, NC, Florida... that's the plan anyway. :)