Ordering non-stock colors

sterling L.P. topcoats and primers
Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Ordering non-stock colors

Post by Daniel Huckleberry »

Joel

I am close to ordering the paint for the TX sled but the colors I want aren't normally stocked by bbc. I want Hatteras White/3656 and Seamist Green/2116. Should be ordering in the next week or so. Also, what do you think about painting the bottom with Sterling. I can't seem to get away from the idea and I want your opinion (cost aside) about touching up the unavoidable scratches as well as moisture resistance.

Thanks in advance

Huck

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Huck,

As long as the boat lives on a trailer, you can paint the undersides with Sterling. A few nights in the water is OK too, but over time the paint will soften if kept submerged.

The sterling paints all have different prices, the whites being the less expensive and the darker colors being more.

I will get a price on those two colors, but you can expect the Hatteras White to be in line with the other whites and the seafoam/mist to be close to the light blue carry. We get the paint within a few days, so there is no real delay.

Joel

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

I don't ever see the boat staying in for more than 1 night. I will order soon.

Huck

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Muddler »

Daniel:

Where did you get your color chart to determine the colors? I requested a chart from E-Boats earlier this week, should be here in a few more days. I thought you may have found a chart on the Net somewhere. I have had no luck in my search. I was hoping to The bottom of my PH18 is primed and ready to paint. I am going with a white on the hull and deck and a wide dark blue band just above the water line and a small dark yellow above the blue. I just need to see a color chart to know what to ask for.

Bill Bauer
Is it a Boat yet?

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Got mine from E-boat, as well. I looked around on the net and didn't find one. Good luck! I like the sound of your colors. When it comes to boats I agree that "White is Right!" My wife is the one who begs me for the colors.

Huck

Muddler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Sterling Polyurethane or Epoxy??

Post by Muddler »

Well I got the color chart that I requested, Thanks Shine. Now I am a little confused. In the Sterling Epoxy paint section on E-Boats it says get a color chart for 64 colors. So why does the Color chart show Polyurethane Coatings? So are Epoxy paints polyurethane, or does the poly color chart the same as Epoxy?

Confused

Muddler :doh:
Is it a Boat yet?

fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan »

marine two-part paints are linear polyurethanes.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Yes, Awlgrip, Sterling, S3, and most other premium topcoats are Polyurethane.