TW28 Luka

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

knocks my little FS17 into a small cocked hat.
nice looking hull 8)

Wilfried
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Wilfried »

Hip Hip Hip Hoera Champagne ....

Congratulations

Great job :D :D
"Death solves all problems--No man, no problem."

kiwi
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by kiwi »

Congratulations!

What a way to start the new year - I bet you did it on purpose... :D

Tony
Editor in chief
amateurboatbuilding.com

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Very nice work Peter. Congratulations.

Keep the pictures coming. Following your progress with great interest.

Happy New Year!

Rick
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Knottybuoyz wrote:I get the feeling these things will "double" in size once you flip them. Not only do you have to climb up on it, you'll have to climb down into it and then the same to get back out!!! That's going to be fun!
This is right, working one day in the hull is an excellent work out.

Glassing of portside and keel is finished. Starboad requires one more layer. Glassing the keel was really a pain. Difficult to judge from the picture, but at the end the width is less than 4" and the keel is deeper than 24". Not easy. The next boat should be much larger, so we can stand in the keel when glassing it...

Peter
LUS

Jaap
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jaap »

Wow Peter,
That looks like a pretty good job, very well and clean work. I see you putted the rubrails already on the hull, when is it was upside down. I still wondering if i can do that on my fl26, because the topside is not completely fair with the deck. How was that on your boat?

best regards,

jaap

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Jaap wrote:I see you putted the rubrails already on the hull, when is it was upside down
Jaap,

I am not sure that I understand the question. We did not yet add rubrails to the side. What you see is could be the 'bullwark' which is epoxied before glassing.
We laminated a 'rubrail' to the transom, but this will be used to attach the swimming platform.

Peter
LUS

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TheBroomside wrote:[The next boat should be much larger
Ohhhh those are some famous last words Peter! Every time I say them the wifey gives me a real stern look!!!

Nice work, I spotted your new pictures earlier. I see you've got help. That'll make the work go faster! What did you use for the peel ply?
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Rick,

We use the cheaper version of real thing (PeeltexEco) , but I think it is really worth the money for a build of this size.

We build the Luka with two, with sometimes help of a third person. Three is ideal for the big hull lamination works (more would creat a space problem). I know there is little visible progress, but we do not stop and are looking forward to the finished hull very shortly.

Peter
LUS

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Finally glassing of the hull is finished, a lot of work without much visible progress.
We laminated the stringers and most of the frames, at least one notices some progress after each day of work.
We totalled 1008 hour of work, about halfway I guess.

Look at http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.p ... 660&page=6 for more pictures

Peter
LUS