TW28 Luka

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: TW28 Luka

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TheBroomside wrote:Rick,

Just mailed you the files. Hope they are of any use.

Hi Peter, got them A-Ok! Many thanks. This will save some time for sure.

Regards
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

All quiet on the TW28 front?

Post by TheBroomside »

Now that Rick took a temporary leave, I wonder what is happening to the other TW28 builds. Colin, Corto Maltese, ...everything OK. progress? New starters?
For those that are still in doubt building a TW28:

The picture is a little flattering because of the wide angle objective, but still. The Luka is in great shape after 3 years. We still think it is a great design, handling very well and really comfortable to live on board with 2 people. Th ideal cruiser for us. Allard and Luppie just spend 6 weeks onboard of their Stoere Meid nd are off again, Erik just made a two week trip on the Luka and we will leave for a 3 week vacation on the Luka next week.
No unOfficial EU TW28 meet this year, but next year we'll try again...

Greetings,

Peter
LUS

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Peter, I was in Brussels two weeks. If there is a TW28 meeting anywhere close, let me know and I will try to come over.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Corto Maltese
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: All quiet on the TW28 front?

Post by Corto Maltese »

TheBroomside wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44 am Now that Rick took a temporary leave, I wonder what is happening to the other TW28 builds. Colin, Corto Maltese, ...everything OK. progress? New starters?
Just came back from 3week hollidays on the seaside. Tuesday back to the shipbuilding: all frames in, beside D, support for deck done, engine mounted, a lot has been done this spring until june. The temperature was perfect to work with epoxy. Now I have to install 2x120l diesel tanks and 2x75l water + exhaust system. The drive train waits for rudder assembly. I have 3 months time until temperature drop and winter hibernation of boatyard.
My apologises not to update my thread, but realy short of time and in the evening to tired..
Thanks for photo and report. It really motivates us!
Cheers from the southern tip of Alps,
Dario

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

jacquesmm wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm Peter, I was in Brussels two weeks. If there is a TW28 meeting anywhere close, let me know and I will try to come over.
Jacques,
I was a little confused by the 'was' in your message. Having a second look at it, I realised hat perhaps you meant 'will be'. Also it is not clear whether you mean 2017 or 2018. It would be nice to meet you, but perhaps not realistic.
Thats a pity, the Luka is in Leuven now, which is at 25 km from Brussels. But we leave tomorrow for a trip to Rotterdam. In the next days we will be in southern part of The Netherlands. Not that far, but ot very close to Brussels.
Around August 11 we will be in 'Lage Zwaluwe' tyo visit Allard and the 'Stoere Meid'.
hen will you be in Brussels?

Regards,

Peter
LUS

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Yearly update: we just did spend 4 weeks on the Luka traveling the canals/rivers in Northern France. Ten more days before we are home again.
I can only repeat that the TW28 is a great design.Very comfortable to live on, sturdy - can take really bad weather/wind on large waters as well as what you see above on a small French river. Very independent with large water/diesel tanks and two solar panels on the roof, and very efficient: 0.4 gallon/hr.
More TW28s should be build! I will continue to plug the TW28, next try in 2019 :D

Peter
LUS

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks for the update Peter. TW28 Luka is certainly a great boat for cruising Europe's inland waterways. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

I am so jealous I seem to be stuck on other things not boat building, you have good weather for it hope you have a great trip

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Beautiful boat Peter!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

.4 gallons per hour at what rate of travel?

It might be good to share with potential builders.

Nice boat!
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495