Fs17 build in VA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Look forward to seeing some pictures! I'm putting my wood order in this week. Can't wait to start on this one. Good luck and I'm sure we'll compare notes along the way.

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Cut out some stringers today and the motorwell bulkhead, finally getting going, no pics yet but I'm going to get a weekend off this week so we'll see what I can get done. "kgrover" I'll give you a email when I get my jig set up with the stations. I havent set the jig up yet, figured I'd wait to get all my panels cut and long panels spliced, need the floor room. Thats all for now, I'll post more this weekend.

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Daniel, how are you doing?Any progress? I'd bust a gut to know how other FS17 builders are doing.
regards,
Steve

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Steve, its going pretty slow right now. I just came back from a vacation in Nags Head/Hatteras, North Carolina. So far I've cut out transom, stringers, motorwell sides, and might get to layout some of the stations tonight?? I have a goal to have long panels spliced and on jig by fri the 17th, thats when I'm to be back at work. Everything is going well so far but havent even opened my epoxy yet, still cutting out ply, seems like as soon as I started on the boat everything around the house turned really hectic, anyway hope to get rockin on this thing this week. :lol:

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Slowly getting a few things done, now have about all my 3/8 ply pieces cut out, sole, trans, station A & E, and also have one stringer curing as I type. Will try a few pics, well I'll read a little more then mybe I can post a pic later.

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Daniel Huckleberry »

I remember when my garage was that clean. :lol: Keep up the good work and build on. Can't wait to see on of these finished.

Huck

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Good stuff, I am clearing my workspace ready to lay out my side panels,how close to laying out the sides are you? I am hoping to have my jig up & the stations mounted by the end of the month/beginning of next month. I look foward to watching the other FS17's being built as well
good luck,
Steve

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Steve, I'm about ready to cut out the side and bottom panels. The way I stacked my plywood on the garage floor was 1/4 or 6mm on the bottom and the 3/8 or 9mm on top, so I went ahead and cut all my 3/8 parts and pieces. I should be able to cut and splice my bottom panels sometime in the comming week I hope. Still havent laminated my transom together, have it ready just need to do it, maybe tonight. Sounds like your off to a good start, I'll post a pic or two if I get to those bottom panels this week.
8)
Daniel

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Transom glued tonight, went well I think. I dry fit the assembly, drilled holes for screws to make sure I got everything lined back up just right, took it apart epoxied and glued everything back together, then ran screws back thru holes. Looks ok, hope the rest of the boat goes together this good.
:lol:
Daniel