Fs17 build in VA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
michaelwpayton
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Fs17 build in VA

Post by michaelwpayton »

Yeah... that's a great way to put it... and they are still "very proud of it" :-)
But, as I have read out here a number of times... the cost the wood is really not that significant in terms of the overall project.

Thanks for the info... I'll ask around Gloucester next time I'm over there. Speaking of which , nice place over there on the York river, "York River Yacht Haven," if you're ever over that way.

-Mike
"all things should be as simple as possible... but no simpler"

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

I put down some 6oz woven on the sole today, the 50" fabric overlaps down the center right much, about 36" or so is doubled up,( a lil more protection from those bottom sinkers) I have a couple wrinkles and spots to fix :oops: , mainly from the splice in the aft section of sole, after fighting the woven to get all the wrinkles out Im shocked thats the only spots I have.

Just a lil prrogress

Daniel

Murry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Murry »

Looks good Daniel, I've missed seeing your progress. I'll be back to working on mine in a week or so.

Light woven was a pain on the larger areas I had to do, that had to be tough. My areas weren't half that big.

Looks good.

If you get lonely staring at it by yourself, let me know. :lol:

Daniel

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Nice work, I find the woven a PITA to work with. I put biax on the sole in the end.
Steve

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

I've been trying to get back to work on the boat, the economy put a damper on my build over the last year or so, but I'm slowly getting back on track, now the weather is slowing me down,

working on my gunwales now and hatch lids, maybe this year I'll get her done :wink:

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Why is all that pretty white sand on the table? :P :P :P
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Time fly's, had to go to page 5 to find my thread, with the kids back to school I've started fairing the inside of my build, I'll post a pic of that soon, but today a friend offered me a lab pup, and I couldn't refuse (she's from a great line of gun dogs), now I've got a yellow and a black 8O . Just what I need, something else to spend time on :help: .

Bowmovement
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bowmovement »

Labs are great dogs. Heres mine

Dixie

Matt
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

sorry to hijack but heres Koda the leash has been replaced by steel cable
saw rabbit and broke leash tied to roll bar 8O

. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Finally back at it, making a little progress, I'm a lil embarrassed over just how long its taken :doh: , but back at it :D , hope to post some pics soon