P19 rolled in Austin

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

She looks good setting on her trailer bet you can't wait to launch her.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Terrific looking boat up there on her ride. Where'd you get the trailer? I love the skid---looks like a simple way to keep her low in the garage while working on the topsides. Neat color too; what paint did you use?

Got millions of questions Dougster

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil »

The trailer was made to order by Instigator in Houston. They deliver a terrific product at the right cost. Their trailers are especially good for homebuilders because all the bunks are fully adjustable and you can move the winch to get the correct balance. They have a web site.

The topside paint is Sterling green and yellow straight from Bateau. The cabin will be yellow also, except for bright work on the roof. The bottom paint is Interlux teflon.

Tom hit it dead on. I can't wait to take a little spin.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Thanks Eric, I'll check the Instigator web site. Beautiful paint, but that 2 part lpu stuff kinda scares me.

Lovin' fall in Texas Dougster

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil »

Well guys, it really does float! I gave it a little spin this morning and couldn't have been happier. The boat is very well balanced and has several inches of freeboard between the water and the scuppers. It also planes very nicely. I posted some more pictures in my gallerie, three of which are shown here.

Image[/img]

Just as Jacques predicted I was able to run in the low 30's with a 90hp E-tec. With 3 people on board and 20 gal of gas I was hitting right at 34mph at 5000 rpms. Although it will be a little slower when I add the weight of the seats and other gear, this is more than enough for my tastes. This was just the shot in the arm I needed to get going on the finish work in the pilot house and the cabin.

fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan »

Beautiful boat! Congratulations.

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

Great job!!! Enjoy...

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Great looking boat. I like that rail you added to the sides.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil »

Thanks! It's good to hear from the designer himself in addition to other builders. The side rail was really to strengthen the interface between the two hull panels, but I think it did end up adding to the looks. I still have a few more things to add before the last coat of finish goes on: a bow roller, the roof rails and a cabin hatch. I'll get up a picture up of the completed boat sometime, but don't expect it next week. I want to drive it around for a little fun first. That really is a good design. More folks should give it a try.

Doug
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Doug »

Lookin good!
Looks like Lake Austin but I don't see any PWC's around?
We'll have to have a builders meet when Dougster finally gets his done.