Page 1 of 1

PH16 In Tucson

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:30 pm
by desertdiver
I've been steadily plodding along on my Phantom build. The weather will be cool enough in a couple of weeks to paint and I should be ready. Most of the components have been pre-fitted so all I lack is the gumption to finish sanding. Oct. 17 will be 1 year from purchase of the plans.

I've put about a third of my build photos on my blog at:

http://desertphantom.blogspot.com/

Gordon

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:24 am
by Jerry-rigged
Pics look good. Glad your back; I was wondering where you had gone.

What are the little platforms under the gunnel for? Looks about time toe launch!!

Jerry

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:56 am
by saltponder
Great job. Workmanship is outstanding. Flats boat in Tucson? Do you fish Bonneville Salt or Yucca Flats?
:lol: 73, NN4CW

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:38 pm
by desertdiver
Jerry . . . the little platform is a way overbuilt rod storage holder. I'm going to whittle it down a bit before final paint.

Saltponder . . . I'm going to fish tortilla flats :wink: Actually, we'll use it for mostly fresh water fishing and some trips to the Sea of Cortez for the next couple of years. We're going to retire back to the Texas coast and that's what I am really building it for.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:43 am
by saltponder
"We're going to retire back to the Texas coast and that's what I am really building it for."
Gordon,
You have a boat that you can be proud of. Very nice looking.
Gil

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:19 pm
by desertdiver
My job has kept me on the road for the last few months, but I have begun to make some progress again. I've prepped and sprayed the finish and installed the TACO rubrail over my wood rub rail. I'm putting pieces back on it now and need to order the steering and engine cables. The electrical system is installed but not tested. The trailer needs wiring and lights. I can finally see the end. New photos are posted on the blogspot.

http://desertphantom.blogspot.com/

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:44 pm
by desertdiver

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:45 pm
by desertdiver
Try again . . . . :oops:

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:36 pm
by topwater
Nice job, love the paint :!:

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:45 pm
by colonialc19
Great looking boat!! love the graphics!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:54 am
by TomW
Very nicely done. Hope you enjoy her for many years to come.

Tom

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:34 am
by Doug
Great looking boat. You get a lot more use out of here I expect :wink:

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:59 pm
by desertdiver
Thanks all for the support. I'll be using the boat mainly at Puerto Penasco and Kino Bay on the Sea of Cortez until I retire. I'll post performance results when I splash it. Thanks again to JM, Shine, Tom, and the regulars on the forum. I've gotten as much enjoyment following this Forum as I have building the boat. :D

Re: PH16 In Tucson

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm
by flyfishingmonk
desertdiver,

Are you still active on the forum? I would like to ask you a few questions about your Phantom?

Sincerely,

Casey