2nd Tw28 from Turkey

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

It can't be 15 days, I think we got your order around one week ago.
Anyway, we ship plans the same day but since we have to go to the post office and fill some custom papers for each plan that weighs more than 1 kg, it may have taken a few more days before it arrived at our post office.
After that, it's up to the Turkish postal service. Large cities are served fast and Canakkale isn't too bad.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

cumhur
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cumhur »

Jacques,
No, I receive confirmation from your order desk 25 april , shipped 28 april, and usps inform me, it accepted to aircraft at 29 april.
Order Number 4391â€

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hang in there cumhur. I'm sure the plans are on their way to you soon.

In the mean time, while you're waiting, there are probably some things you can do. You've got a workspace, have you got yourself setup a big work table? It's nicer working at table height than on the ground. I asked Macca what was some of the things he did that made putting the boat together easier. He suggested the long work table. He sent me these pictures.

I'm sure there are other things you can do to get yourself organized. Have you got all your materials together? Maybe put them in order that you'll be using them so you don't (like I do all the time, have to dig to the bottom of the pile) to get something I need.

I think a rack that can hold the rolls of fiberglass would be good. Something that you can roll over the table or work surface so that the cloth spools off easily.

Just some ideas to fill the time till you wait for the plans. I know there's not much wood cutting you can do without the dimensions on the plans.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

At least you know that the plans left our office and were on the plane by the 29th.
They may be somewhere in customs.

cumhur
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cumhur »

Knottybuoyz,
looks like very useful, I will try to make them, maybe more simple ones
thanks.

Jacques,
I will wait anyway, nothing to do . But ,last info is good, it has arrived 9th May to Turkey :)
bye
Cumhur
Last edited by cumhur on Wed May 14, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

cumhur wrote:Knottybuoyz,
looks like very useful, I will try to make them, maybe more simple ones
I seem to remember he said the best table he made he used old pallet racks, like those you see in a warehouse. If you look around you might be able to find some. They're strong and straight and easily welded or bolted together to build a good strong table. I think I'll do the same.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

[quote="cumhur",last info is good, it has arrived 9th May to Turkey:)
[/quote]

It's getting closer. . .

cumhur
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cumhur »

Knottybuoyz,
But, There is no enaugh space ın my workshop for tables, I am planing to make a simple bridge. It must be moveable.
Cumhur

cumhur
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cumhur »

I forget,
I made phone to Mr Yavuz, He said that, he will send photo and info abouth his boat if he find time .
Good night

cumhur
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cumhur »

I had my plans to day. It was arested by custom ofice , I paid some money to them as custom fee (40 Usd) .
I am very hapy to day.
cumhur